London Mayor & Brit Poll: "Bush biggest threat to life on planet"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TigerO, Nov 20, 2003.

1. TigerO

TigerO

[​IMG]

Well.

It's only to be expected, after all, when you have a weak and evil minded incompetent as president who chooses to ignore a very real threat, Al Qaeda, and instead goes off on a senseless, illegal and incredibly counterproductive war against Iraq, a staunch former ally of ours.

As unfortunately Iraq did not attack us on 9-11, posed no threat to to us, and had no link to Al Qaeda, Bush had to build his case on nothing but lies and deceit, a sad state of affairs which understandably isn't much appreciated by non-brainwashed, upstanding citizens living in true democracies.

Thanks to Dubya Bush Al Qaeda is stronger than ever, not least due to our largely ignoring AL Qaeda while simultaneously financing a massive recruiting drive for them through Bushs disastrous, private Iraq adventure with very dire public consequences.

"Published on Tuesday, November 18, 2003

The lndependent

Livingstone Says Bush is 'Greatest Threat to Life on Planet'

by Nigel Morris

Ken Livingstone, the Mayor of London, launched a stinging attack on President George Bush last night, denouncing him as the "greatest threat to life on this planet that we've most probably ever seen".

His provocatively timed comments, on the eve of Mr Bush's arrival in London tonight, threaten to create severe embarrassment for the Prime Minister.

The President's three-night trip, which will culminate on Friday with a visit to the Prime Minister's Sedgefield constituency, has sparked a flood of protests from those opposed to his foreign policy. But Mr Livingstone's outburst makes him one of the most high-profile and explicit of his critics.

Mr Livingstone recalled a visit at Easter to California, where he was denounced for an attack he had made on what he called "the most corrupt and racist American administration in over 80 years". He said: "Some US journalist came up to me and said: 'How can you say this about President Bush?' Well, I think what I said then was quite mild. I actually think that Bush is the greatest threat to life on this planet that we've most probably ever seen. The policies he is initiating will doom us to extinction."

Mr Livingstone, who is holding a "peace party" for anti-war groups in City Hall tomorrow, added: "I don't formally recognize George Bush because he was not officially elected. So we are organizing an alternative reception for everybody who is not George Bush."

unquote

continued:

http://news.independent.co.uk/low_res/story.jsp?story=464783&host=3&dir=62

[​IMG]

"BUSH OFF - POLL REVEALS BRITS FURIOUS AT VISIT COST

Nov 14 2003

By David Seymour

ALMOST half of Britons believe George Bush is threatening world peace rather than helping bring it about.

And as the US President prepares for his trip to Britain next week, many insist they don't want him here.

Three out of four feel Mr Bush's war on terror is making the planet less safe as renegade groups hit back in retaliation. A Mirror/GMTV poll also found 75 per cent of people were furious at the £4million cost of security for his state visit - far more than has been spent on policing previous trips."

unquote

continued:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/page.cfm?objectid=13622444&method=full&siteid=50143

[​IMG]

2. Ken Livingstone is a notorious marxist. The fact that he somehow has been elected Mayor of London speaks volumes about why we are right to ignore "advice" from the old europe "allies' whose ungrateful butts we saved from Hitler and the Soviets. Let's face it, the europeans will hate us no matter what we do. Trying to placate and accommodate them is a waste of time. Screw them.

3. That's really stupid. REALLY STUPID! Just like this gawdawful administration.

Mike

4. TigerO

TigerO

[​IMG]

"110,000 SAY BUSH OFF

Nov 21 2003

By Stephanie Busari, Pete Samson and Chris Hughes

AROUND 110,000 anti-Bush protesters gathered in Trafalgar Square last night to demonstrate against his visit.

Chanting "Bush out", demonstrators pulled down a 20ft effigy of the US president to loud cheers. Organisers claimed the turnout was a record for a weekday protest in the UK.

Members of the American group Ex-pats Against Bush held up posters which said: "Proud of my country, ashamed by my president." Among them was Jeri Sheese, 42, from Indiana, whose husband is serving in Iraq. She flew in from France to take part and said: "He approves of what I am doing. At the beginning he believed, like all Americans, what we were told.

"We were told that Saddam had ties with Osama bin Laden but now we know that it is all lies. Bush is using fear as a weapon.

"I support my husband and all the troops, but they shouldn't be over there because they were lied to."

unquote

continued:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnew...headline=-110-000-SAY-BUSH-OFF-name_page.html

Now, that is what I call true and upstanding citizenship, civic courage and patriotism, putting your country and common sense ahead of the most evil president this country has ever had the misfortune to have to endure, although thankfully not for very much longer !

[​IMG]

"And down comes the statue... but this time it's Trafalgar Square

Mass turnout of young and old watches overturn of US president's effigy

Jamie Wilson and Matthew Taylor
    Friday November 21, 2003
    The Guardian

At first George Bush gently rocked, then he began to sway, before finally the figure started toppling, slowly but inexorably on to the pavement below.

The symbolic end of the five-metre (17ft) tall effigy - a riposte to the pulling down of the statue of Saddam Hussein in Baghdad - brought the biggest cheer of the day: louder than the boos when the seemingly never ending procession made its way past Downing Street; bigger even than the shouts and whistles that rang out when Britain's sixth anti-war demonstration in a year began its snaking path through London to Trafalgar Square.

Yesterday was by far the biggest turnout since the million-plus march in February; along with the crowds, the anger and conviction were back with a vengeance.

By mid-morning people were coming together in Bloomsbury for the start of the march, everyone from schoolchildren playing truant to pensioners carrying placards reading "Go Home" and "World's Number 1 Terrorist".

Young and old, doctors, and teachers, students and the unemployed, representing every religion and every colour. They had come on foot and on bikes, by train and in cars.

Ms German said that the attacks in Istanbul were an inevitable consequence of the war. "I hate to say we told you so, but we have been saying from the beginning that the war with Iraq would inevitably lead to more terrorist attacks."

unquote

continued:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1090123,00.html

[​IMG]

5. That's very insightful.