lol,the ignorance of the religious right.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Rofl

2. Pffft Australians, they are convicts...."white trash" lol..
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Both Australian PM Julia Gillard and opposition leader Tony Abbott cited remarks made by then PM Lee Kuan Yew in the 1970s that without economic reform, Australia risked becoming the “white trash of Asia”.

Australian PM Julia Gillard:
    “Prime Minister, Australians respect and enjoy straight talk. And Singapore’s leaders have always given us that...

But just as Australians admire the industry and the success of Singapore’s people, we do have a certain fondness for your remarkable founder (Mr Lee Kuan Yew), not in spite all his stern words about us, but perhaps because of them.
    Over the decades, we came rather to look forward to Lee’s regular visits, and we’ll always welcome him again. For us, they have resembled the arrival of a respected if rather forbidding uncle, come to awaken us from our indolence and insist that we be our best selves. We never forgot his warning that without reform we would be the “White Trash of Asia”.

Mr Tony Abbott:
    “As the Prime Minister Gillard has reminded us, Sir, your father once made a rather astringent remark about Australia.
    This put me into a terrible state of division and uncertainty. Because at about the same time as your father had made that remark, another one of my political heroes Margaret Thatcher said of Harry Lee, that he was, quote, “never wrong”.
    I am pleased to observe that your father has since recanted on his adverse judgement of Australia, and so both Lee Kuan Yew and Margaret Thatcher can both once more take their place in my personal political pantheon.”

3. Ricter

Ricter

Though mentioned this thread is not actually about Australia. It's about you.

4. The fail is that the left now has to go after teenagers. Most Americans in general do not know when other countries hold elections. I"m guessing she thought Rudd was still PM.

Pretty sad that the left is so full of hate that they now go after unknown 18 year old girls to attack. I think more than 90% of Americans could not tell you who the PM of australia is. I also think 90% of Americans couldnt tell you who the Speak of the House is in their own country.

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

When you're done laughing, just stay on the floor. It's where you belong.

6. Mav88

Mav88

should we review the ignorance of the average obama voter?

7. Ricter

Ricter

Sour grapes.

8. Mav88

Mav88

no, pointing out that you guys need to look in the mirror

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

willful ignorance

#10     Nov 12, 2012