LOL - "Show me the victims of insider trading."

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by sle, Aug 20, 2018.

1. sle

sle

2. d08

d08

Myself. The whipsaw from an information leak years ago spiked a stock and triggered my stop. Without the leak I would have ended flat, so I lost money due to insider trading.

3. destriero

destriero

If it's victimless then everyone should benefit... but symmetric dissemination would render it no longer a crime. Information paradox. lol

4. sle

sle

It's your own fault. Should not have set such a tight stop :D

5. henry76

henry76

If someone takes money out of the market ( insider wise) someone(s) else has to have put in ( lost)( i.e. 2+2=4)

6. henry76

henry76

It may or may not have been his fault,that wasn't the question ( wakey wakey)

7. sle

sle

By that logic we should not allow people to make money, right? Since someone wins and someone loses...

8. ajacobson

ajacobson

"By that logic we should not allow people to make money, right? Since someone wins and someone loses..."

Not certain that's the logic - it's about having different levels of information.

d08 likes this.
  9. The author is the former "Jane Galt," which pseudonym tells you all you need to know. Except now, 15 years on, she has apparently acquired a spell checker and grammar coach.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    piezoe likes this.
  10. DaveV

DaveV

The more important question here is why was an active U.S. congressman allowed to be a board member of a publicly traded firm. The potential for all sorts of shenanigans was huge. It used to be that after politicians left office, they would cash in by joining firms (defense contactors, pharma companies, lobbyists) that they had previously regulated, and everyone would say, okay, the politicians have to make a living after leaving office. Now politician seem to be cashing in while still in office. A very slippery slope.

#10     Aug 21, 2018
    MoreLeverage, henry76 and piezoe like this.