Logging into IB on public PCs

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by copa8, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Vienna

Vienna

thanks!

#11     Jan 12, 2004
  2. Do what I do. Train your spouse/significant other to follow your phone commands and get you the information you need. I do it all the time and my wife is gotten pretty good with the hot keys.

#12     Jan 12, 2004
  3. update: I traded most of the day today. I was connected through my Verizon cell phone and laptop. I used TWS with between 15-20 symbols ticking and also continuously retrieved quotes and minute bars through the MyTrack SDK for over 70 symbols. The connection rate says 230.4Kbps.

I am currently browsing the web through this connection at the Barnes and Noble near Lincoln Center in NYC.

Not that anyone cares. I just wanted to post that this type of connection can work in a pinch.

#13     Jan 14, 2004
  4. It is well known that hackers can put keyloggers on public pc.

#14     Jan 14, 2004
  5. copa8,
    I tried the internet based java that IB provides and it worked with no problems through internet cafes in Central America. The only thing you might have to do is download the latest java applet if the PC you are using doesn't have it (link available on IB website). Also I would recommend clearing all info on your account when finished for your own security (clear cache, files, disk cleanup, clear history etc) Happy trading. :)

#15     Jan 14, 2004
  6. Im doing it from Asia using public places (at times) and have had no problems whatsoever with IB.

#16     Jan 14, 2004