Log Keeping Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by J-S, Nov 25, 2002.

1. J-S

J-S

Hi - I'm looking to log all my trading activity in one peice of software. Ideally I'd like to track my equity curve, see calculations of correlation and sector weightings of my portfolio, calculate commision costs etc. I'm going to be adding cash to my portfolio on a regular basis - Ideally I'd be looking for the sofware to differentiate between the changes in my capital from my trading, and from that which I've added from external sources - Is there any sofware out there will do all or any of these?

I'm also keen to learn how CTAs and other fund managers report their numbers - If cash is added to a fund, am I right in assuming that this is not reflected in the % returns? I also wonder whether they include interest payments on cash in the numbers?

Thanks in advance

J-S

2. J-S

J-S

Hmmm maybe I'll have to design one! I guess excel will do all of these things though a ready programmed bit of software would save an awful lot of time.

Any ideas where else I might look?

J-S

3. Tradelog does some if not most of these jobs. It can be found on the IB website or armencomp.com.

4. nkhoi

nkhoi

5. sempai

sempai

I use the Record Keeper module that is part of Option-Vue. I'm not sure if it has all of the features that you're looking for, but it does a pretty good job and I especially like the Performance Analysis Summary, which gives a nice breakdown of your trading statistics for any given period of time (total # trades, % winners, avg. win vs. avg. loss, etc.).

Unfortunately, you have to buy the whole Option-Vue program, the Record Keeper isn't available separately.