Lockup Period Calendar for IPOs

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by isaac000, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Does anyone know where I can find a list of recent IPO's and their Lockup Period expiration date. Thanks.
  2. fader

i think it's a very interesting topic, too bad no replies so far - i like finding situations where there is a specific underlying reason why price should move in a particular direction... - i looked around briefly but found no specific sites for this info - if you google, you will see that there were a couple of websites dedicated to this topic around 2000, these websites look defunct now for obvious reasons - the standard ipo lockup as you may know is 180 days from the ipo date - you can use any of the ipo websites to get the ipo dates and then create your own calendar, since there aren't that many ipo's on a weekly/monthly basis nowadays, obviously it would be a good idea to double-check with the prospectus itself too - here is a paper i have found that may be relevant to what you are looking for - of course as you will see it's written from a typical academic, not trader's perspective, but still gives an idea of the type of an effect this provision used to have on stock prices.

all the best.
  3. I've always had to read the prospectus. Kind of a good habit anyway ....
  4. This could work, provided you're able to sell those shares short...