Lockup Period Calendar for IPOs

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by isaac000, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Does anyone know where I can find a list of recent IPO's and their Lockup Period expiration date. Thanks.

2. fader

fader

i think it's a very interesting topic, too bad no replies so far - i like finding situations where there is a specific underlying reason why price should move in a particular direction... - i looked around briefly but found no specific sites for this info - if you google, you will see that there were a couple of websites dedicated to this topic around 2000, these websites look defunct now for obvious reasons - the standard ipo lockup as you may know is 180 days from the ipo date - you can use any of the ipo websites to get the ipo dates and then create your own calendar, since there aren't that many ipo's on a weekly/monthly basis nowadays, obviously it would be a good idea to double-check with the prospectus itself too - here is a paper i have found that may be relevant to what you are looking for - of course as you will see it's written from a typical academic, not trader's perspective, but still gives an idea of the type of an effect this provision used to have on stock prices.

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=205011

all the best.

3. I've always had to read the prospectus. Kind of a good habit anyway ....

4. This could work, provided you're able to sell those shares short...