"Locked up for a minimum of 12 months per sec rule"

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by KingDong130, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Because I wanted to get info if anyone knew their comm and software fee's, plus more information on the lockout.. but because of a wanna be trader that has obv lost everything and is trying to blame it on prop shops claiming SPAM in NUMEROUS posts, I was sidetracked.

#11     Mar 21, 2010
  2. Yes, there is a 12 month lock up. My understanding is that it is in fact an SEC rule. They are very up front about it and told me on the phone during my initial call. I have been very happy with JC.

Keep in mind that it is only on the $7,500, not profits.

If the 12 month lock up is an issue then perhaps another firm would be best for you.

#12     Mar 21, 2010
  3. Dude, lighten up. They are one of the few firms that are allowed to "spam" since they are PAID sponsors here. However, reading 1000's of posts while researching prop firms I have NEVER seen them abuse this privilege. Not even once.

#13     Mar 21, 2010
  4. Ok thank you.. Do you mind telling me the commissions you are getting? You can PM if you would like.. Also how is the break there? Again thanks

#14     Mar 21, 2010
  5. Don must be travelling!!! Where are you Don!!! Here's some of his posts from the past:

#15     Mar 22, 2010
  6. What a joke! No way is that in anyway a SEC RULE.

Your dumb mothers would believe anything!

#16     Mar 22, 2010
  7. cstfx

cstfx

You can do much better than $6/1000 with JC if you are doing the volume. $6 is just a stating point. Negotiate better.

#17     Mar 22, 2010
  8. I am with ptg securities .0025/1000 99 payout. I would imagine if you were quoted .006 your probably not even trading over 50k shares a day. I didn't even think those kind of rates exist anymore.

#18     Mar 22, 2010
  9. l2tradr

l2tradr

I would be careful there, PTG has the same phone number that Flat Iron trading used to have, and they closed shop with no notice...so it's safe to say its the same guys.

I see this time and time again, people don't stick with reputable firms that have been in business for years, and I just dont get it...but its your money.

#19     Mar 22, 2010
  10. I was with them when they were Flat Iron, they actually did provide all their traders with a heads up and were very transparent and clear with everything. They were a subsidiary with wts and decided not to do business with them anymore. Same owners now with ptg they are a subsidiary of avatar which seems to be working out for them much better.

#20     Mar 22, 2010