Locating Data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Mschlau, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Mschlau

Mschlau

I was hoping someone might be able to give me a heads up on where I might be able to find a majority of the data points listed below in a consolidated format. Extra points if historical figures are also available.

1) 5yr EPS growth
    2) Book value
    3) Debt (per share prefferable)
    4) P/CF (or just CF)

I'd like this stuff in a format easily converted to an excel worksheet. But I'm willing to do the legwork if that isn't available.

Thanks.

2. alex7

alex7

3. Mschlau

Mschlau

Thanks Alex. This site will deffinately be helpful as I move forward. Unfortunately I still need historical data so that I can backtest. I really appreciate the help though.

4. Mschlau

Mschlau

Bump.

C'mon people. Lots of you ought to have info on where I can find this sort of information. I mean, there are professionals on this board aren't there?

5. avarus

avarus

Get you hands on a point-in-time database. These include Compustat, Factset, ThomsonOne, Reuters, Bloomberg and I believe kx systems also has a historical database. These are expensive.

A cheaper solution is www.portfolio123.com, but they only go back to year 2000 or so.

6. Tums

Tums

7. Bloomberg isn't a PIT database, in the sense that one can easily compile data inclusive of dead tickers as of an historical PIT.