Load Up Your IRA Today

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DataCruncher, Feb 17, 2009.

1. even if we still have farther to fall, if you are buying today and holding for 5 years the odds are well in your favor

2. I bought 500 SPY just now. Have been adding 4-500 every so often at low points. Gonna hold for while.

3. Would you mind sharing the basis for your conclusion?

4. The government will not let the whole system collapse. They'll change whatever rules they have to with the stroke of a pen. Not saying it's right, but they'll do whatever it takes. They'll declare null and void certain financial contracts if they have to.

Now I'm not saying I agree with this. But the government knows that if unemployment gets significantly higher there could be marches on Washington, all kinds of unrest could occur.

The game is rigged.

5. +1.

doing exactly this. Pick companiens with strong fundamental values in their business, and that can survive a protracted downturn.

Some energy companies come to mind. Am hunting right now...

6. so now I get moved to chit chat? what is different about this thread versus all the other prediction threads?

7. Nothing, that's why both yours and theirs are here.

If you people want to offer predictions, that's fine. But support your predictions with fact based arguments. Don't just say general statements like "government won't allow the economy to fail" or random commentary on the stimulus package.

I've said time and time again I'm going to move everything to chit chat that lacks a specific trading based argument, or technical analysis.