LLL - Buy

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Apex Capital, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Buying mezzanine electronics defense contractor with a stop at Mondays' lows . . . $73.02

Take a look at the chart.
    Do your own DD.
    :)

2. Nice little hammer and engulfing candle today with volume but there is a lot of overhead resistance to get through but this is all just technically speaking of course.

I wouldn't take it!

3. magicz

magicz

slowly decenting to 65....that is my prediction. There will be a rally around late december then a slow slide.

justification: ESPP....

4. Chagi

Chagi

To quote your September 23rd post:

"The low is in"

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55627

I took a look at the chart, and it looks to me like it is currently in a fairly pronounced downtrend. Today's close was $74.50, it'll be interesting to check back in a couple of weeks.

5. Yep, and I was stopped out as stated in a following post on that very same thread at $81.06

Been long a core position in the stock since 1998, so I might be a bit long-biased on the management at the company. The DoD Quadrennial Review is a cloud overhanging this entire sector ( comes out in February), but I am betting that even if growth in the Investment Account in the DoD budget slows from a torrid 7.4% to something more tepid like 3.5%, I am pretty confident that L-3 can continue to show 10% organic growth across all four divisions.

6. A close back above the 10 day MA today would be constructive, currently coming thru at 75.15

Stock currently trading at 15.6 times 2006 EPS by Cai von Rumohr at Cowen & Company. L-3 trades at a premium to the slower growing prime contractors. Net Free Cash Flow for 2005: $675 million.

Recent acquisition of TTN adds .30-.35 cents per share accretion in 2006.
    Lots of cost/revenue synergies.