Llc

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by NasdaqTrader, Jan 22, 2007.

1. I think 4Q is an accountant, and it is his interest to create fear so he can get more business. bad. :eek:

However I didn't mean that consulting with accountant is bad. You are getting advice from a public forum at your own risk. :D

#71     Jan 31, 2007
  2. Thanks, I know getting info here is not always the best source....but it beats info from the IRS. I read that their own help hotlines are wrong 1/3 of the time, but that if you follow the IRS help hotline's advice and later have a problem it doesn't matter if you did what their own helpline told you to do.....

#72     Jan 31, 2007
  3. That sounds correct to me. I believe I read that a couples of years back in Ted Tesser's book.

P.S. I am not at the point where I am concerned alot about 401K. I am a long way from retirement. Right now I am working on consistent profitability. I a couple of years I will focus on funding a retirement fund. I originally did the LLC because I felt that my first 1-2 years, would be challenging, which they are. This would give me more write-offs than trying to qualify for trader status and it allows income sharing between my wife and I. My belief, correct or not, is that i stand less of a chance of audit trading under an LLC than trying to qualify for trader status.

#73     Jan 31, 2007
  4. SideshowBob, glad you didn't take my colonoscope comment all that serious.

#74     Jan 31, 2007
  5. How can a guy who calls himself SideShowBob take anything too seriously? :p :p :p

I'd like to do my taxes myself and then get them looked over by a professional to make sure I didn't screw up anything major. I'll look into that guy in Denver, he seems reasonably priced.....

Green is the Rolls Royce of CPAs for trading, not sure I need one .... a Toyota should be fine for me :D

#75     Jan 31, 2007