LLC Help - Any lawyers out there?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by operator, Apr 16, 2008.

  1. I currently have a LLC that is registered in New Jersey, but I’m moving to Maryland. What steps need to be taken to transfer the business from NJ to MD? Any help would be appreciated.
  2. SH_DW


    I would strongly suggest you contact Robert A Green they are experts at LLC formation, hedge fund setups & advising firms/clients on tax +business strategy!

    Don't take any advice from ANYone who isn't a professional with specialized knowledge in this area. Besides, a consultation via phone is relatively inexpensive +may enlighten you on ways to SAVE MORE money!

    Don't take my word. Google the company, check out their reputation.. if satisfied, make the call!

  3. maxpi


  4. There is no need to transfer the LLC. 1,000s of LLC are formed in the State of Delaware and do business in every other state BUT Delaware. When you go to Maryland simply register the LLC as a foreign LLC operating in MD and you can leave the LLC in NJ. You do not have to have the LLC formed in the state you do business in (again, Delaware). But if you do business in a state outside of where the LLC is registered, you simply have to get a license from the State to do business as a foreign entity (foreign meaning outside the state, not outside the U.S.).

    Go look up the Maryland State website on corporations and LLCs and you will find a lot of info. You do not need to move the LLC.
  5. Makes sense. But my official business address in my home address. I guess I have to find a regis. agent in NJ?? I guess there is services that would do this for me for a small fee??
  6. Yeah you will need a registered agent perhaps in NJ which is fine. Lots of places on the web you can find who will do this for like $100 a year registered agent fee. Official address for NJ can be the registered agent and your place of business will be your MD address. Just ype in Registered Agent in google and NJ and you will find what you need easily.
  7. Or else bug a good friend or relative who lives in NJ to be the registered agent.