Liz Claman Pointing At Fox

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Hot off the rumor mill:

CAIRNS BLOG
    THE CAIRNS BLOG. Your place to go for the latest rants about current events, media and entertainment since 2004.

Thursday, July 19, 2007
    BUSINESS NEWS REPORTER LIZ CLAMAN LEAVING

Read a story on TVNewser that Liz Claman has departed CNBC, possibly to cross the street to Fox Business Network this fall. You know, she may not have been a star on the level of Maria Bartiromo/Becky Quick/Erin Burnett et al., but these Wall Street guys on the street still loved her and thought she was a babe.

She'd fit right in with Alexis Glick and the rest of the Fox Business Network reporters if that is indeed where she ends up. Fox News is already in pretty decent shape as far as financial reporters go; they already have a lot of people there. Stay tuned.

In other news Squawk on the Street has been expanded to two hours to take advantage of Erin Burnett's overall hotness, and also--- in my opinion--- presumably to keep Mark Haines happy so that he doesn't cross the street to join Roger Ailes, too. Expect more fun stories of talent pickups and possible raids in the coming weeks.

On a separate topic regarding business news talent: does anyone know what the deal is with Lisa Oake over at Canada's own biz channel BNN? Is she out as anchor?! I read somewhere that she left.

2. Rupert is seriously raising some hell. !

3. But she is going to have the top 2 shows. thats amazing..

4. Erin Burnett is hot?

5. quite!

6. ?

[​IMG]

7. Fox will be set when they invent the 3-D television. wowowowo

8. I'm sure it's just me, but Haines appears to be making a herculean effort to not patronize Burnett everyday. Genuine pleasure wafts over his face when he speaks with Liz.

If Liz goes so does Haines.

#10     Jul 20, 2007