Living the good life of a 99%er

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Well, I know a lot of the OWS people are on the payroll. I have no idea what % of them are. It's just funny hearing their list of demands of free healthcare and free college while they live in a 750k home in a New Jersey suburb with probably a Benz in the driveway.

#11     Nov 2, 2011
  2. Ricter

Ricter

Ahh, thanks for mentioning that. After your trip you'd also see the fallacy of "expansionary austerity". By the way, are the Greeks on the street "spoiled, rich kids" too?

#12     Nov 2, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

No Ricter, America owns the patent for spoiled bratty complainers where nothing is ever good enough. We have corned that market. It's not good enough we have the best of everything, we want it free!!!!

#13     Nov 2, 2011
  4. OWS is a counterweight to the Tea Party. Things will intensify as the elections get closer. I said way back, because I understand the real game, Obama will be a two termer, no matter what.

#14     Nov 2, 2011
  5. Max E.

Max E.

Yes, the greeks had it made in the shade, everyone could retire at 50, no one had to pay taxes, until the time to pay the piper came due, and then when germany said they would bail them out they had the audacity to nitpick, and say they didnt like the terms, even though it was a choice of either being bailed out or defaulting. If thats not a spoiled brat i dont know what is.

The greeks are about to get a steady dose of reality and learn what it is like to actually work for a day in their life, a part of me was hoping they would be stupid enough to allow themselves to default cause then they really would have learned what an honest days work was like.

#15     Nov 2, 2011
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Not really. Tea Party was very concentrated with a specific message. The OWS movement is a lot of everything. There are actually many tea party people at the OWS rallies. I see tons of Ron Paul signs as well as end the fed stuff.

Obama is cooked. I have a lot of liberal friends RCG, lots!!! And most of them are NOT voting for Obama. They are done with him. He's a one termer.

#16     Nov 2, 2011
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Ok, so the Greek dissent is legit then. It's odd that there should be so much dissent, their society has so little "diversity", like Iceland.

#17     Nov 2, 2011
  8. "A few" plants?

For each of the 984 Occupy Wall Street protesters arrested in New York City between September 18 and October 15, police collected and filed an information sheet recording the arrestee’s name, age, sex, criminal charge, home address and — in most cases — race. The Daily Caller has obtained all of this information from a source in the New York City government.
    Among addresses for which information is available, single-family homes listed on those police intake forms have a median value of $305,000 — a far higher number than the $185,400 median value of owner-occupied housing units in the United States.
    Some of the homes where “Occupy” arrestees reside, viewed through Google Maps and the Multiple Listing Service real estate database, are the definition of opulence.
    Using county assessors and online resources such as Zillow.com, TheDC estimated property values and rents for 87 percent of the homes and 59 percent of the apartments listed in the arrest records.
    Even in the nation’s currently depressed housing market, at least 95 of the protesters’ residences are worth approximately $500,000 or more.

More at: http://news.yahoo.com/nyc-arrest-records-many-occupy-wall-street-protesters-045625415.html

#18     Nov 2, 2011
  9. You're on. I am a man of my word. If a pub sits in the white house next, you will be drinking all you can, on me. I will drive from Peoria to Chicago just to get Mav drunk.

Bookmark it Mav. I will be there, if I lose. If I win, you carry the tab. Deal?

#19     Nov 2, 2011
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Huh? :confused:

#20     Nov 2, 2011