Livevol X

Discussion in 'Options' started by ferrycorsten, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Yes LVP is great. Sign up for the free trial through their blog...you'll be hooked!

#11     Jan 26, 2013
  2. Baywolf

Baywolf

Looks interesting. Ferry, have you executed any complex orders (2-legs)? I am interested in the execution. Can you talk a little bit on that?

One issue that concerns me is the way they handle exchange rebates. On there website it reads: "All rebates received by LVS are paid to LVS customers at the sole discretion of LVS."

To me this reads, "We don't pass on exchange rebates."

A big NO NO for me.

#12     Jan 27, 2013
  3. what kind of volume does it start to make sense in considering that ? i mean obviously its not something my size has to worry about but.. just curious.. like its business.. so everything should be cnosidered.. but just your opinion.. what size book does that make sense to consider.. i mean maybe Ferry is that size.. but idk.. Customer orders are below... this is from the Bats .. as it is my understanding they give one of the highest rebates for order flow..

to me getting a .30 cent plus rebate for order flow freaking adds up! Ib prices <10,000 contract customers at .70 cents.. thats for stuff over .50 cents.. if your trading alot of contracts.. down to the .07 cent level with IB and giving liquidty to exchange.. seems like it would be umm.. something to consider..

Customer orders:
    $0.30 rebate per contract for a Customer order that adds liquidity to the BATS Options order book and the
    Member does not qualify for a higher rebate based on their ADV
    $0.31 rebate per contract for a Customer order that adds liquidity to the BATS Options order book
    where the Member has an ADV less than 0.25% of average TCV and also shows a minimum of 10 basis
    points TCV improvement over their previous High Water Mark
    $0.43 rebate per contract for a Customer order that adds liquidity from the BATS Options order book where the
    Member has an ADV equal to or greater than 0.25% of average TCV but less than 0.75% of average TCV
    These rebates and fees constitute our “grow with us” pricing for Members that are increasing their trading activity.913.815.7000 | batstrading.com ©2012 BATS Global Markets, Inc. – All Rights Reserved
    Options Pricing (continued):
    $0.44 rebate per contract for a Customer order that adds liquidity to the BATS Options order book where the
    Member has an ADV equal to or greater than 0.25% of average TCV but less than 0.75% of average TCV
    and also shows a minimum of 10 basis points TCV improvement over their previous High Water Mark
    $0.46 rebate per contract for a Customer order that adds liquidity from the BATS Options order book where the
    Member has an ADV equal to or greater than 0.75% of average TCV but less than 1.25% of average TCV
    $0.47 rebate per contract for a Customer order that adds liquidity to the BATS Options order book where the
    Member has an ADV equal to or greater than 0.75% of average TCV but less than1.25% of average TCV
    and also shows a minimum of 10 basis points TCV improvement over their previous High Water Mark
    $0.47 rebate per contract for a Customer order that adds liquidity to the BATS Options order book where the
    member has an ADV equal to or greater than 1.25% of average TCV

#13     Jan 27, 2013
  4. here is the LVX tutorial:

http://www.livevolpro.com/help/lvx/LVX_Help.html

the complex order ticket is great. i know you can do at least 8 legs at once (that's as high as i've tested). is there anything specific you would like to know? execution is flawless. no more getting trade ideas from LVP, then hustling to execute them in TOS. you can have an unlimited number of windows on an unlimited number of monitors and save your layouts. when you get comfortable with a layout, it is easy to move at light speed. i'm not sure about exchange rebates, but i'm sure they'll be happy to clarify that for you. support at livevol is A+.

#14     Jan 27, 2013
  5. Ferry,
    i think if i'm right.. live vol might be great.. but you are surely on a pink cloud! haha for better or for worse you sound like you just met the girl of your dreams over there haha.. i didn't see a cost on the excel worksheet.. i'm going to call them on Monday..

#15     Jan 27, 2013
  6. cd,

you are right about livevol! let us know what you come up with after you speak with them!

i just want to spread the word...i would love if others on the forum got into it...so we could teach each other new things!

#16     Jan 27, 2013
  7. Yes, the charting and data product is 1st class.

But there is really no connection between this...
    And trading through an Introducing Broker + IB Clearing.

Your stock and ETF commissions will DOUBLE...
    Your option commissions will go up by 50%...
    If you are remotely serious and do any kind of volume...
    And you will not be competitive against Pros.

#17     Jan 27, 2013
  8. just21

just21

So you are better off paying $250 for livevol without execution and using ib as your broker. Maybe ib will buy livevol.

#18     Jan 27, 2013
  9. Commissions are cheaper than IB.

#19     Jan 27, 2013
  10. just21

just21

Livevol are 50% more than ib for options.

#20     Jan 27, 2013