Livermore, Tudor Jones and Cohen

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Standard Oil, Oct 26, 2009.

1. montysky

montysky

esso, did you put JWN as a long candidate by mistake? It looks like a perfect short candidate, having a chart pattern like most picks on your short list.

Or maybe you're expecting a bounce after a few down days?

#41     Oct 28, 2009

2. Yes that was an error, to be honest I had one long but I can't even find it right now and like yesterday I was not going to take any longs unless the market was strong after 10:30

#42     Oct 28, 2009
  3. I've closed out all short trades right now because the SPY has reached 105 were I am expecting some short term support.

AXS +.17
    ROST -1.47
    OHI -.99
    MOT -.12
    ARO -2.45
    ADCT -1.91
    SQM -1.03

Closed yesterday carry over trades as well and flat.

CECO was a nice surprise this a.m. :)

#43     Oct 28, 2009
  4. Redneck

Redneck

SO,

If I may Sir

How do you......;

Identify key price levels

Disseminate PA into the “When”, “Where”, “Why”, and “How”

Also if you would – please expand on the – “What the heck to look for”

My questions are direct no doubt – but I figured you would appreciate that....

Please feel free to tell me none of my damn business – as I too appreciate directness...

Regards

RN

#44     Oct 28, 2009
  5. eric341

eric341

"I wish it was as easy as coming in here and saying when A=B always do C but it really does take a lot of time and study to sort all the factors out and then find a way to exploit them."

Enough said.

Is anyone else experiencing cognitive dissonance at the moment?

I feel I shouldn't be listening to tips but my intuition tells me this guy is the real deal.

I might put on some small positions tonight just to satisfy my curiosity.

#45     Oct 28, 2009
  6. No he's clueless

#46     Oct 28, 2009
  7. He's not going to spoon feed you guys. Get real.

He's spent YEARS doing this and you expect him to just hand it to you? lol Do you know how much stress goes into this? Unfortunately some of you never will. It really takes a toll to learn this game.

Why don't you just relax and observe what's going on. One of the reasons trading has really rubbed me the wrong way. It's the people involved.

I probably wouldn't give this up and I'm surprised he's even doing this for you. I've even gained something from it and I do appreciate it.

As far as Livermore, Jones, and Cohen.

Livermore is a piece of cake and completely correct.

Jones NEVER wanted anything leaked and he's pretty tight-lipped but I know why he took those videos off. A lot can be learned from it if you pay attention. Funny part is I've used a variation of his strategy for a long time now and didn't realize the correlation till now. (I could be wrong on him, but I'm fairly confident I am).

Cohen I have no clue. I really dislike him but he's one hell of a trader. Have to read up more on him.

#47     Oct 28, 2009
  8. I am familiar with how Livermore trade, and how he is able to more than double his account with an "operation", but one thing I never quite know is how he manage his risk and stop loss. It would be great if you could shed some lights on this.

PA

#48     Oct 28, 2009
  9. I hadn't heard/seen/read anything about these videos.

Care to explain/link?

#49     Oct 28, 2009

10. RN,

After reading several of your posts, I consider you one of the wiser people in this forum and I have no doubt that your also one of the few profitable traders on here so I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about.

For the sake of others I will expand further.

Consider what the market is for a moment. In my opinion the market is nothing more then an auction house.

The final price paid is two fold.

One, historical price levels and Two, the newly perceived value.

If price is moving too or from key levels a trader needs to pay close attention to how that auction is playing out.

Is it fast and furious, is it slow and methodical, is it erratic etc, etc...

This requires detailed analysis and will either confirm or negate on various time frames.

Further more not all price levels are created equal. A great trader can look at a chart and see where the majority of buying pressure or selling pressure "should" be located. I understand these are vague concepts to express into written words but it's the best I can offer on such a format.

#50     Oct 28, 2009