Livermore, Tudor Jones and Cohen

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Standard Oil, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Haven't you heard of things like Opening Range Breakouts or how about just enter at Open and Exit at Close, why make things more complicated. :confused:

#31     Oct 28, 2009

2. None of those people EVER disclosed their strategies AFAIK, how can your style be based on those then ?!

Can you give a link to the work of those men ?

#32     Oct 28, 2009
  3. Tudor Jones gave away a pearl of wisdom, on the sheet of paper in the back:

[​IMG]

#33     Oct 28, 2009
  4. DT3

DT3

If OP wants to place trades at open and exit at close then that's great, but he doesn't state that.

He can come in and say he exited a trade while it was profitable before it turned against him, that's my only beef. I'm done arguing though, gl trading.

#34     Oct 28, 2009
  5. The Wizards book have interviews by Cohen and Jones, they do touch lightly on their trading styles there.

Livermore wrote a book titled How to Trade Stocks, may not be exactly what he did but its a start.

#35     Oct 28, 2009
  6. Long Candidates:

JWN

Short Candidates:

ADCT
    OHI
    ROST
    ARO
    AXS
    SQM
    MOT

Looks like a small gap down open today and that can make things a little tricky to trade but for the record I will still record % off open as official numbers.

Have a safe day out there folks.

#36     Oct 28, 2009

7. Someone finally asked a good question!

These 3 men all had several things in common.

1. They all understood the importance of key price levels in relation to a stocks behavior or as some people like to call it price action.

This is the most important element !

I don't have time to list them all right now but you are on the right track.

#37     Oct 28, 2009
  8. EliteTrader tends to have a fair quantity of doubters, the clueless, attack dogs, attention seekers, desperate "gimme your logic" newbies/traders, some decent folks and a few knowledgeable traders along the way.

You certainly do not have to give away your edge. But the intro as retired money manager and name dropping these 3 traders may cause some to question your motives.

But the only thing that matters, is risk-adjusted results. :D

#38     Oct 28, 2009

9. I will expand on this a little more:

The word Price Action is thrown around way too much in my opinion. I believe this fools people into believing that all price action is important. The truth of the matter is that only a very small percentage of Price Action is important and the rest is just random noise.

A great trader needs to disseminate Price Action into these categories When, Where, Why and most importantly How.

It's a lot to understand and some people can do it much easier then others but it can be learned if you know what the heck to look for.

I wish it was as easy as coming in here and saying when A=B always do C but it really does take a lot of time and study to sort all the factors out and then find a way to exploit them.

The great traders all left clues but even if you sat beside Steven Cohen for a month you still would need to figure a lot of things out on your own.

I know that's not what a lot of you want to hear but it's the truth.

#39     Oct 28, 2009
  10. How quick do you cut losers? (this can be answered in various ways)

Do you take profit?

#40     Oct 28, 2009