Livermore study - help needed finding data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by dc101, Dec 15, 2007.

1. dc101

dc101

Anybody knows where can I get daily OLHC data for U.S. Steel and Bethlehem Steel for the period 1938-1940 (inclusive)?

Much appreciated and thanks in advance.

2. Would you be willing to go to a library and sift through the Wall Street Journal on microfiche in order to accumulate the data?

3. dc101

dc101

nazzdack,
    I'm not in US and my local lib doesn't have it.

4. nealvan

nealvan

Your not going to find that easily.. You might get lucky and find it in a book. The original book for dow theory has old charts in it but I'm not sure if it has those charts. I could look for you if you want in a couple of my books. You never know. If they have charts on it you can just buy those books and you'll have some idea at least but it will be next to impossible going back that far I imagine.

5. I would be interested to see some actual data on Livermore. Some believe the Livermore story is pure fiction. I'm not saying it is, I don't know. Has anyone actually seen any data that even suggests this story is true?

6. If the data isn’t available, I think your best bet is to find articles which have done research on US steel or Bethlehem Steel and contact the authors. If you approach it the correct way, the data isn’t unique and the authors are generous, they will either share their data set with you or tell you where you may find it. Good luck.

7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Quote please. I hate when talking heads say "some say this or that" when they are the ones believing it.

I never heard anyone questioning Jesse. Kind of hard with all the yacts and houses....

8. may i suggest richard smitten as the acknowledged expert on jessie livermore.

he may have the data you seek.

rsmitten@stockmarketsolutions.org

best wishes,

surf

9. >dc101

Have you thought of contacting the stock exchange? Or
    the people who once (maybe still do) sold printed
    chart books such as http://www.dailygraphs.com/.

Just out of curiosity why do you need those stocks
    for those years. If you want to test JL's methods, you
    can do that with any such charts.

10. dc101

dc101

Thanks everybody for your prompt responses. I remember long time ago some stock charting/analysis software was being sold along with the CD full of historical data - this was around 1995. Of course, I don't remember the name, but some of the veterans on this forum may have one of those CDs in a drawer collecting dust.

I'll check your other suggestions - keep them coming!

#10     Dec 16, 2007