livecharts - no minis data today

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Atlantic, Jul 12, 2002.

1. Atlantic

Atlantic

i use them because they offer everything i need for my trading. i pay $19.95/mo. - why should i pay more for something i simply don't need?

and i'm sure that no package works perfectly all the time - even if you pay $100/mo.

#21     Jul 13, 2002

2. Yup I use QCharts and switched over to Livecharts last week when QCharts was having problems. Did a double take when I realized nq and es data were free. I guess Qcom finally figured it out. Or perhaps the CME gave them hell for it.

#22     Jul 13, 2002

3. I was referring to the free NDX cash index quotes in lycos. Since the cash index is a lagging indicator anyway, even in real time, I see no reason to pay for it when lycos streams it for free. I use it mainly to see what the average premium is on futures NQ prices at any given time of the day.

#23     Jul 13, 2002
  4. exce26

exce26

Enjoy untill end of Oct.
    From November, Lycos will charge you
    Oh, Noooooooo........
    :D

#24     Jul 13, 2002
  5. The ES was definitely NOT supposed to be free as of Dec 2001. That was a mistake. So I suppose they took the whole emini site down rather than be in violation.

#25     Jul 13, 2002
  6. Looks like Livecharts is back. I nearly passed out! At least it validated my username and drew a chart for me. (GLOBEX trading doesn't get started until a little later this evening I think.) I'm still going to sign up for esignal and do a comparison this month.

#26     Jul 14, 2002
  7. Atlantic

Atlantic

after several days without trading i just came back and noticed that livecharts have again no minis data. now this is getting really ugly. i just wonder why there is nothing about it on their status pages.

#27     Jul 18, 2002
  8. wild

wild

both NQ02U & ES02U working fine here ...

#28     Jul 18, 2002
  9. I also like livecharts better than any other premium service I have tried. I gather that e mini is available free for a limited time. Are the free charts (the realtime cme up there now) the same as the $9.95 charts? Also, I have been having a horrible time today with them. Are they ususally this unreliable or is today a bad day? As far as price goes, I have never found any correlation between reliability and price.

#29     Jul 18, 2002
  10. With the $9.95 charts (+$10 exchange fee) you get bigger sizes and more analytics and can print and no ads.

#30     Jul 18, 2002