livecharts - no minis data today

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Atlantic, Jul 12, 2002.

1. I use q-charts & IB, I've had e-mini data all morning...

The only problem with globex data was from 04:29-04:42 est.

#11     Jul 12, 2002
  2. #12     Jul 12, 2002
  3. I haven't been able to get NDX cash index free real time quotes to stream on lycos either since about 11 AM. The screen is blank. That was 2 hours ago.

This service has always been free. Anyone else having this problem today?

#13     Jul 12, 2002
  4. Its the same for the paid service. No charts.

#14     Jul 12, 2002
  5. with getting quotes and charts today for stocks real time

but did have problems yesterday afternoon

I use the basic subscription ... $9.95 plus exchange fees per month

#15     Jul 12, 2002
  6. I just got a reply from Livercharts customer service which said something like- Yes we have no emini quotes. We are working on it. No time estimate for a fix.

I guess now they have all weekend to work on it. Hopefully it will be running by Monday.

Looks like my weekend starts early.

#16     Jul 12, 2002
  7. Why in the world would anyone depend on some "free" chart service in order to save a measley $100/month?

If you are trading the eminis and $100/month for decent charts is a problem you should probably consider doing something else.

I'll never understand why some traders are so worried about spending money on decent tools.

#17     Jul 12, 2002
  8. Livecharts is not free. Its $9.95/mo. So there. But it has a very nicely drawn chart and for emini traders who just use price, volume and time and sales it does fine, except today.

#18     Jul 12, 2002
  9. Some sort of charting from livecharts was free until 2 days ago - they were putting the eminis out in realtime for free - I saw it myself. And the fact that they no longer are doing it seems to have caused an uproar in many places where "traders" chat.

And I'll still never understand why some traders are not will to pay for decent tools.

#19     Jul 12, 2002
  10. Well not only is the free charting shut off but NQ an ES charting for ALL users is shut off. Hence the uproar.

#20     Jul 12, 2002