LiveCharts (futures quotes)

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by JayS, Mar 21, 2002.

1. JayS

JayS

I used Qcharts a few yrs back when they had countless problems and heard they've really improved.

Looking at using the $9.95 LiveCharts for my (position) futures trading. Anyone have any experience with them? With the $60 NYMEX & $30 CBOT exchange fee's I'm looking for a fairly cheap reliable service that basically has 1 large chart and time and sells like LiveCharts. I position trade so I don't need a large elaborate costly setup. Any help?

Thanks

p.s. I've used Nextrend and like it but they only allow those above exchanges under their $79.95 plan.

p.s.s Will go to expensive software if I can't find the reliabilty at a lower cost.

JayS

2. I use it for eminis it's reliable and accurate but it's better to have 2 providers, sometimes minor problems with data not being displayed in some time frames, like the 5' on 1 symbol will be messed up for an hour or two. It's rarely down when it does, less than 2 hours.

3. DblArrow

DblArrow

I haven't used their 9.95 service - I use Qcharts with feeds for the CBOT and e-mini. $119.95.

I've been using them consistently for about 6 months and for about 1 1/2 yrs total. I been satisfied with everything about them. I tried others also and for the money at this point I will stay here.

4. Yaz

Yaz

I've used livecharts for a couple years now, almost the whole time with a CME feed hooked up. I have no complaints - there are occasional data dropouts, like the previous poster commented on. But overall, for $20, its a bargain, IMO.

It used to be that whenever the order-flow got really heavy on the e-minis, the ticker would fall behind, sometimes by 30-40 seconds. But over the past year or so, I haven't really noticed that happening at all (I compare it to the quotes on J-Trader).

5. I really wonder why you would want to scrimp on your trading data. Its such a small percentage of your overhead. I'm all for saving money but this seems like the wrong place to cut costs.

6. Yaz

Yaz

I agree with you 100%... Its just that for my method, I've found all I really need is to see the livecharts-feed, and then trade off support/resistance zones (and one stochastic indicator). Its worked for me so far. Also, I'm not much of a multi-tasker, so the trading style tends to fit my mindset much better.