LiveCharts by eSignal -- Any way to reduce latency and speed up charts?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Jack_Larkin, Sep 20, 2011.

1. I'm using a quoting and execution platform provided by my firm.. the quotes are snappy and most often update far faster than LiveCharts by half a second to a second of time... this matters if I'm watching the charts to look for price breaks and such where timing and execution matter.

Is there any way to reduce this latency? I can't seem to find any more info but maybe there's a closer quote server I can point it at?

Worse yet, even when LiveCharts gets updates to the quotes and even starts printing T&S at the new quoted level, the charts themselves might lag behind the price by a few seconds... Anyone else notice this? Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
    Jack

2. nada???

3. Lornz

Lornz

Pay for a decent platform and data provider...

4. RobertG

RobertG

I would try and hook up Rithmic to Esignal. http://www.rithmic.com/partners.html

Under technology partners, you will see that Esignal is there.
    Maybe the platform is ok, just the feed is bad....most are bad.

RG

5. I use Rithmic with Sierra Charts. TOTALLY impressed by Rithmic.

6. ... LiveCharts is by eSignal, and I do pay a subscription fee.

7. Unlike most whiny crackpots here on ET, I contacted the provider directly (as well as posting this topic) and I will now post their troubleshooting response so anyone who finds this thread in a search results can benefit:

8. LiveCharts doesn't give me access to just the quote feed... it's not the full eSignal platform, just the charts+data in an integrated platform.

9. Also, it's pretty clear their instructions won't help much... I'm trying to better explain the issue to them now in a followup email.

10. RobertG

RobertG

I use NinjaTrader with Rithmic, but I use a lot of OCO.
    The OCO orders I place on RTrader because it resides on their server.
    For Trailing stops I use NinjaTrader.

RG

#10     Sep 21, 2011