Live Stream Trades

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by MACD, Feb 20, 2019.

1. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

You're welcome. I'm glad you found it useful!

Over time, I've learned/decided that I can not teach anyone to trade. I've done my share of Skype real-time screen-share "lessons" lasting hours, during trading hours of course. I can answer questions about trading, concepts, methods, instruments, governing principles, etc... I can answer specific questions about hows and whys of my trading too... but I can not teach someone to trade!

Stay safe (trading nuance intended) on your Proof of Concept journey!

#11     Feb 20, 2019
    Roddog101 and wrbtrader like this.
  2. MACD

MACD

Thanks again -- you are a Kind and excellent contributor.

#12     Feb 20, 2019
    Roddog101 likes this.
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

This is true in that too many people believe they are being taught "how to trade" or believe they are being mentored when in reality they are only learning concepts, methods and getting answers to their specific questions about concepts / methods.

There's such a wide difference between learning how to trade versus learning concepts and methods.

Learning how to trade (mentoring) can only be done via in person interaction for long duration (months or maybe a few years). Whereas, livestreaming of concepts and methods can be taught in a book, forum, podcast or even livestreaming...falling short as a tool for learning how to trade.

The OP will need to put a disclaimer on the livestream that this is "not mentoring" and say its "proof of concept involving successful trading via a small account" or something like that without using phrases like "trade for a living" due to not knowing the specifics lifestyle of the audience viewing the live stream.

Another issue that often rises with others that have done the same thing...proper computer equipement to do live trading while doing livestreaming at the same time. Proper computer so that there's no delays, decrease in buffering in the broker trade execution platform...common issue for others here at ET that have tried to do such in the past.

Seems a workaround the above issue would be project the trading onto a large screen and the live streaming is via a second computer involving the projected screen to preven impacting the primary computer that has the broker trade execution platform.

Thus, there's probably additional costs involved to setup the above...two seperate computer systems...one for trading with projection screen and the other for livestreaming the projection screen.

I know this works because some gamers do it that had decrease n buffering with increase lag in their gaming computer when they did livestreaming and gaming from the same computer. May be best to talk to a gamer that's actually doing livestreaming or talk to someone already doing livestreaming trading.

Not sure which is best...Youtube, twitch or any other online media for livestreaming of trading. He'll need to decide which type of audience he wants to reach that are typically using those types of livestream.

Twitch although a egame livestreaming has hosted other types of livestreaming that didn't involve egames. Yet, those they hosted were by professionals with movie like computer equipment whereas Youtube is more popular for anyone and gaining an audience for traders to livestream. He could talk to or email those on Youtube / Twitch that are doing livestreaming about what type of computer equipement & software & accessories is being used.

The audience is a key factor too...if you're in Texas and doing livestreaming to a world audience...a viewer in Texas or nearby state may not see delays versus viewers in Europe or Asia or another country that has a delay. I've seen such myself when watching livestreams of someone doing their livestreaming here in Quebec Canada versus watching the same livestream from my other home in Chicago versus watching the same livestream when I'm home in France...

There really are delay issues depending upon the internet connection of the viewer when comparing the livestream to live data on my computer as in comparing someone's broker trade execution platform being livestream versus the live data in my broker trade execution platform on my computer.

Depending on where I was at in the world, I've seen delays by as much as 1 minute that can easily be blamed own routers, internet connection, servers, buffering in the livestream or whatever...and the audience will blame you for the livestream delays because the fault is never them especially those trying to mimic/copy/piggyback your live trades without your knowledge and without permission. :D

wrbtrader

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    #13     Feb 23, 2019
    Bernard111 and MACD like this.
  4. MACD

MACD

Thanks @wrbtrader, for a cogent and useful post. I will certainly pay attention to your experience and advice.

#14     Feb 25, 2019
    qlai likes this.
  5. MACD

MACD

UPDATE: Thanks all for your excellent contributions. Your suggestions and advice were not only duly noted but followed. I have proved the following and tested it with providing a free course to 4 people -- 2 with no trading experience and 2 experienced futures traders. Sure, it is a very limited sample to gauge or prove the concept that I am using. First condition is that I supplied a "workspace setup" (charts, custom indicator setup, time-frames). The workspace can be setup on most brokerage platforms with little effort.

Next step in the "trial" was to work one on one with a screen share (teamviewer). This took about 1 hour with each person. After they had the workspace on their computers I cautioned that: (1) they opened an account with a discount broker by depositing a minimum of $1000 to a maximum of $5000. Conditions of the broker choice was: free platform, free charts and data, and a substitute "risk" conditional setup per futures contract of $300 to $500 (as opposed to "opening margin requirements"). So with a $3000 account as an example the trader would be able to trade with as many as 5 to 6 contracts. All participants only entered trades with 1 contract. The average length of the trade is 7 minutes. Ridiculous -- yes i know -- there is rarely any losing trades. (Maximum loss is set with a stop for max of $40. With the tools and the rules there is a very high win/loss rate. The concept here is: trading a Small Account using futures and just making minimum of $125 per day. Great for those who wish to only trade an hour a day and then work their "day job" or even for Swing Traders who wish to have income from trades. The non-traders (no previous trading experience or screen time other than "Gamers") -- have an edge due to no need to unlearn their trading experience.

I do require homework assignments and communications regarding questions and lack of understanding the trade plan. I am preparing a manual but have not done so yet. The one on one preparatory live Teamviewer session seems to be enough. Learning curve with complete novices is only a few hours. Yes it does rely on proper understanding of the tools used and the meaning of momentum. Think of daytrading futures as a Video Game. Ouch! That is offensive to most experience traders. But realizing that most traders are Not profitable (said to be about 90% unprofitable) -- then maybe they can use a video game approach.

Using the Live Streaming on YouTube appears to be counterproductive for this purpose. Now the question arises is: "Why do this?"

Thanks again for all the valuable input.

#15     Mar 19, 2019
    fan27 likes this.
  6. toon

toon

MACD,

"Great for those who wish to only trade an hour a day..."

What's the trading hour of your system? First hour of the regular session (8:30AM to 9:30AM Central Time)?

#16     Mar 25, 2019
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

8. MACD

MACD

Thanks, I believe this will be a big help on my project. Would really like to share it with you soon. (If you will -- please share on PM how to contact you in future). Most appreciatively, @vanzandt -- MACD.

#18     Apr 1, 2019
  9. Youtube is kinda dead on those things. Go with twitch its a better option. Check this guy out. He live trades futures during European hours.

https://www.twitch.tv/brokekraken

#19     Apr 14, 2019
    MACD likes this.
  10. #20     Jul 30, 2023