LIVE Q&A with TopstepTrader Executives

Discussion in 'Events' started by Topstep, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Topstep

Topstep

Have a question for TopstepTrader CEO, Jay Rudman, or Founder and CVO, Michael Patak? This Friday at 1:00 PM CT you have the opportunity to ask them anything on YouTube Live! Tune in for company updates and this exclusive Q&A! All questions will be taken live through the video comments https://www.youtube.com/c/topsteptraderllc

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  2. Pavel Koryakin

Pavel Koryakin Vendor

The link is broken.

3. Topstep

Topstep

Thanks for letting us know! The link has been updated and is working.

4. fan27

fan27

Your service looks interesting. The max drawdown for $150,000 is $4500 which is 3%. That is a very small drawdown! That seems nearly impossible to maintain for an extended period of time.

fan27

5. Xela

Xela

Apart from for a large number of professional traders, worldwide, who trade other people's money and are required to maintain that (or often something stricter), as part of the risk-management conditions imposed on them by their employers, you must mean?

But perhaps, since people applying to trade a TST account are aiming and planning to trade other people's money, that makes it a pretty appropriate selection-criterion? ;)

6. fan27

fan27

Perhaps it is ignorance on my part, but not being able to have more than a 3% drawdown seems extremely challenging. You may be right but I would be interested in seeing evidence backing up your assertion.

fan27

7. Xela

Xela

No question about that, at all: it's certainly challenging.

If you were funding traders with your capital, and selecting them by using a set-up with absolutely no entry-barrier at all to the screening process, apart from the ability to pay the Combine-fee, you'd want a pretty "challenging" way of deciding which ones to allow to trade your account, I hope and trust? I certainly would ... ;)

People often express the view, in forums, that the Combine pass-rate is remarkably low, at around 20% (that figure's out-of-date: it's almost certainly a little higher, now), but I look at it differently: it seems to me, given the circumstances of the process being open for absolutely anyone to try, completely regardless of their abilities, skills and experience-level, that that's actually a pretty high pass-rate.

Here are nearly 600 people who have passed the Combine ...

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Are you guys gonna explain the difference between the unenforcibility of browsewrap vs. clickwrap?

Nevermind, I am just having fun with insider jokes... :)

9. fan27

fan27

Of those people who pass the combine and become funded, what is the average duration of remaining funded? I assume once you get the funded you have to maintain the drawdown requirement or you lose funding, correct?

thanks
    fan27

10. Xela

Xela

I don't know.

I think TST doesn't publish this information.

The last time I heard, they were offering (or "expecting") only a one-year agreement from funded traders anyway (nobody successful for a year would still need their service anyway, understandably enough?).

You have to maintain a drawdown requirement, naturally, when trading someone else's money, but not necessarily the Combine one: they increase the permitted position sizes and allowable drawdowns as funded traders gain experience.

You'd be better off attending their webinar and asking these questions than relying on me: all my information is second-hand. I've never done a Combine, myself (but I have two friends, both now successful independent traders, who got started through TST's service.)

#10     Aug 11, 2017