Live News Service, Free

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by BC Bob, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Toonces

Toonces

You guys are paranoid. They are not frontrunning. I think they're either going to charge in the future, or they're trying to promote their firm.

#51     Jan 12, 2006
  2. Casey30

Casey30

I trade at Hold Brothers,

There news is pretty good, but I am in office and not sure whether the service you guys are refering to is delayed in anyway. However, I donit think it is delayed. I think the remote traders at Hold also use the same service.

With that being said, I know that every live service is susceptible to missing a story hear or there or they focus on certain things. That is why I also subscribe to "The Fly on The Wall" and "Trade the News." With all three I rarely miss anything.

By the way, has anyone had problems with The Fly on The Wall when using Media Player. My feed gets delayed over time unless I continually restart Media Player. I didn't have this problem when I used Quick Time, but they no longer offer the feed through this software. They said there is a fix for this within the settings of Media Player but they don't remember how they fixed it. Tech support is not very good there.

#52     Jan 12, 2006
  3. Not paranoid....just well aware of human nature....and the wall street culture!

#53     Jan 12, 2006
  4. Mr Guest

Mr Guest

The Fly on the Wall service using Windows Media Player seems about 15+ seconds delayed to me. When they say "1 minute left in the day", there are usually only 30 - 45 seconds left.

#54     Jan 12, 2006
  5. Casey30

Casey30

Exactly, the same problem I have. Only by closing and opening the player over and over does it keep up. I did use Quicktime and didn't have this problem before.

#55     Jan 12, 2006
  6. kowboy

kowboy

I'm having trouble hearing the newsreader because he goes too fast for me to take it in. I miss a lot of the info.

#56     Jan 19, 2006
  7. how to us newstrike services, I got user name and password, but I did not see any log in screen. I enter the website but see only 5 options. Home, Description, Benefits, Subscripe and Contact. And I clicked one by one but cannot see any log in window. ( I know I am one of the character from the movie 3 stoogies). Please let me know.

thanks.

#57     Jan 19, 2006
  8. kowboy

kowboy

This is what the log in window looks like if you have downloaded the teamspeak2 program. If you do not have this, you need to contact support located on their web page at www.newsstrike.com

#58     Jan 19, 2006
  9. Moreagr

Moreagr

is this service legit?? seems to good to be true :confused:

#59     Jan 24, 2006
  10. kowboy

kowboy

Well it's legit. However I've been following the news on here for about a week. The problem with all news is that insiders know the news before it's announced. That is, most of the runups/breakdowns have already ocurred before you find out. Really hard to trade off of.

In the week I've been folowing, the best moves have been earnings surprises. Upgrades/downgrades have been useless. But most + earnings surprises have already been up moves before announcements. BTW where is the SEC on the fore knowledge anyhow?

#60     Jan 24, 2006