Live News Service, Free

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by BC Bob, Oct 25, 2005.

1. just21

just21

On NYSE traded stocks, what type of order do you put in when news comes out? Are you putting in generous limit orders or market orders?

#41     Jan 7, 2006
  2. Toonces

Toonces

Not sure if I was at my computer at 10:30. But somedays it seems like I hear talking all day long, and they announce every news story, no matter how meaningless...and some days, I don't hear them at all. I'm just trying to figure out whether it's on my end, or theirs.

#42     Jan 7, 2006
  3. Toonces-Not sure to be honest since problem ive had with clarity was bad speakers. I mean sometimes there are stories that dont move the market, but that comes with the business. You cant really tell until you pull up the stock and evaluate price action. Some times news which seams meaningless will drastically move a stock and other times a big news story will do nothing. So thats why you need to hear everything that may or may not be relevent. You can pm me if you want maybe i can help you get in touch with someone regarding any issues you may have. Hope this helps!!!!

#43     Jan 7, 2006
  4. Does the service report US Treasury NOTE and BOND Auctions and TIPS results? Anyone know? Tha nks

#44     Jan 8, 2006
  5. does it compare to TTN?
    which by the way has gotten much better IMO the past year

#45     Jan 8, 2006
  6. Toonces

Toonces

Haven't heard a peep all day. Yesterday I heard news all day long. Anyone else not hearing anything?

#46     Jan 11, 2006
  7. it's working fine. i've never had problem with it since i started listening to it about a week ago. from your previous posts, it seems the problem is isolated to your end. you might want to check the sound card and replace it if necessary.

#47     Jan 11, 2006
  8. You guys really think you are getting something of great value for free? What do you think their edge is? I have a good idea...but what do you guys think?

#48     Jan 11, 2006
  9. Ask yourself why a trading firm would be willing to give away breaking news for free. :(

#49     Jan 12, 2006
  10. I just started using News Strike, I think it is pretty good. I don't trade off news, just like to hear it before CNBC or Fox has it.

#50     Jan 12, 2006