Live News Service, Free

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by BC Bob, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Toonces

Toonces

I noticed that more people are logged in lately...has anyone else had problems with inconsistency of the service? For example, today I didn't hear anything at all.

So far I like NTKN a lot more.

#21     Jan 6, 2006
  2. newsstrike rocks! whats up Bill!!!

Chicago Jason

#22     Jan 6, 2006
  3. alanm

alanm

Why would they do this, and for free?

In the past, "free" services usually have a hook of some kind. Either they take advertising (do they?), or they run a modified "wire con", where the news is somewhat delayed - just long enough to make sure they get in before you do, and have you to bail out on when you hear the news.

Someone mentioned being before CNBC. That's totally meaningless. The only way to get news slower than CNBC would be to wait for the newspaper.

Best way to find out whether it's delayed is to listen to the 08:30 economic reports, which are released at exactly 08:30:00 on the DJ newswire.

#23     Jan 6, 2006
  4. there's got to be a catch here. it has to be to recruit traders for hold. it gives them a pool of traders to try to recruit

#24     Jan 6, 2006
  5. Probably will have some kind of charge somewhere, someday, but looks worth up to now.

#25     Jan 7, 2006
  6. Ive been using news strike at hold since it came out. No one gets news sooner. I am not acting as an advocate either, I am a full time trader. The news is way faster than any other service. We are in trades sometimes even too early before the news kicks into the market. Our news reader came to us from merril and we just hired 2 others readers. We dont miss any big stories. And its true firm made 300k on mrk news.

Im not sure why they are offering it for free. Of course it may be to recruit traders which would make sense. If you have a great product of coarse you will use it as a selling point to recruit new traders.

Example trade was ASH yesterday:Reader was extreamly fast and it was a 4 point move on the upside.

#26     Jan 7, 2006
  7. It is possible that this is a service that they are rolling out to compete with NTKN and TTN. They might be offering the service to a test group for feedback and to work out kinks in the system. For my money, NTKN still offers the best overall service for the price (comparing TTN and NTKN). I have not received a call yet to try out this new service from Hold Bros.

#27     Jan 7, 2006
  8. they'll start charging for it at some point, you can think of this as a free trial.

#28     Jan 7, 2006
  9. adityanm

adityanm

I can handle spam by mass deleting my in my inbox but I do not want to give my telephone # to any one.
    They will sell it to telemarters and make more money than spammers and google does now.

#29     Jan 7, 2006
  10. Its free for a reason. Nobody would pay for this garbage.

#30     Jan 7, 2006