Live News Service, Free

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by BC Bob, Oct 25, 2005.

1. BC Bob

BC Bob

Has anybody heard of Newsstrike???? I have heard that they are offering free live news. I think they are affiliated with Hold. It is my understanding that you do not need to trade at Hold to receive this free service. Has anybody heard this???

2. Toonces

Toonces

I thought this was some kind of spam when I read this. But it's for real, it's really free, nobody's trying to make me pay. (at least not yet) And yes, it is from Hold Brothers.

I've been using it for a few days now. It's a lot like NTKN. So far I'm having a little bit of problems understanding the speech at times, but maybe it's my hardware or speakers.

I'm not sure why they're offering this for free. Maybe they'll charge in the future?

http://www.newsstrike.com/home.shtml

3. Interesting. Do you know or do you have experience with their timing on reading the economic releases (payrolls, CPI, ISM, etc)? Are they saying the # right when they come out, like need to know news is?

Thanks.

4. Toonces

Toonces

I don't use that info. Sorry!

5. BC Bob

BC Bob

I have been told that they release all the economic #'s. Also, I heard from traders there that they send a news analyst to court hearings. They tell me that traders make big $ on Merck, RIMM and Phillip Morris recently. They were at the hearings reporting and their traders got the news before CNBC. By the way how's their platform???

6. Toonces

Toonces

I was talking with Bill Maloney the other week, who set me up with the software. He said he was going to be out of town for a couple of days at the Merck hearings. I guess now I know why!

They just released leading indicators (I believe that's what he said) at 10AM on the button. I haven't been listening for the earlier numbers, but I don't see any reason why they wouldn't have those as well.

BTW thanks for starting this thread, Bob.

7. BC Bob

BC Bob

No problem. Has the clarity improved???

8. Toonces

Toonces

From what I can tell so far, there are a couple of different guys who read the news. I think one of them doesn't speak as clearly. The guy who's speakin right now I can understand just fine.

9. why would I want somebody to call me on my phone?

why cant they just do this by email?

10. thanks, i will definately check this out!

surfer

#10     Dec 22, 2005