Live MES DOM Trading

Discussion in 'Journals' started by souilh, Sep 19, 2019.

1. souilh

souilh

Is another Computer that i login with my account and is only dedidcated for liver stream is not the same monitor i see i have another computer from where i trade and is same account :)
    i use my laptop with second monitor where i have trade the news and cnbc and tweeter

#41     Oct 18, 2019
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

souilh,
    • Does Twitch name everyone of your live streams as "Trading Dom ES" or you're the one doing that ?
    • If you're doing that...wouldn't it be easier for the viewer of your live streams see the videos with different labels such as the date instead of the exact same name as Trading Dom ES ?
    Another odd observation I notice...I see sometimes when your live streams start...you've already been trading for the day and have closed some positions for profits. This is the case for only some of your videos like today's current live stream.
    • Therefore, is there a delay on Twitch side that starts your live stream or you're just determining on your own when to start the live stream after your trading day has begun and you've completed some trades ? (example video @ https://www.twitch.tv/videos/496178991)
    Last observation for today, I know this isn't a popularity contest between members at this forum that live stream their trading versus members that post hindsight charts...

Yet, I just can not figure out why the hindsight chart posters have 5x - 10x more views and more thread participation than the live steamers. It has always been that case since the birth of Twitch, Discord, Youtube live and other social media.

It's similar like even if the live streamers of the trades are live chatting in the embedded chat feature that comes with the live stream. I first notice the differences during regular trading hours for live streamers of Eurex DAX futures, Euronext CAC40 futures, Hang Seng HSI futures, Emini ES futures and Emini NQ futures.

Edit: I was able to answer one of my questions about the date of each video in comparison to the name Trading Dom ES with each video. If I hover over the center of the video prior to playing it...the date shows up but no time of the live stream.

Also, it seems like there's a limit on the number of videos that they can archive for you because your live streams from September do not show up in the time line of archives.

Simply, I will assume that by the end of November...the current archives for October will no longer show up in the archives.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    #42     Oct 21, 2019
  3. souilh

souilh

Hi,
    The name was selected first day and i never think to change it but is a good idea to put the date i will do
    for my twitch feed i start it around 8h Paris time and sometimes i made some trades before this and today i only did one trade before i start second one was closed after live start but most of the days all trades start when after live is start as for me is important to have all recorded to review in case of mistakes
    so starting my twitch only when i connect remotly to my desk computer and start the live so no delay or trades have to be done before just as i'm not trading from the same PC have to connect to it remotly to start the feed
    for me putting all live instead of just chart or posting idea because just posting chart dosent mean that you do the trade or do it the right way
    for me the live so is transparency and force me to stick to the plan of that trades and also i can review my day and see where i made the mistake to avoid it in future and also to have observation that can make things going better so is a realy human experience sharing it make more sense then just posting charts ;)
    Thanks

#43     Oct 21, 2019
    Heart likes this.
  4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

souilh,

It looks like you have not been trading lately and your past videos of your trading sessions have been removed.

Did Twitch remove those videos for whatever reasons or did you remove them ?

wrbtrader

#44     Dec 4, 2019
    Heart likes this.