Live MES DOM Trading

Discussion in 'Journals' started by souilh, Sep 19, 2019.

1. souilh

souilh

I try to identify big volumes that will move market and try to go with them
    and some times there is some big buyers (institutions) that need to buy a big amount or sell it in a specific range so i try to identify that range and scalp as it is in when is gone market go ouest ;)

#31     Sep 27, 2019
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Thanks

wrbtrader

#32     Sep 27, 2019
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Yes, I remember you explaining the lag and I have been aware of such for many years now. Yet, I've been misinformed many years ago that the lag was only in milliseconds...not seconds. :D

Also, I speak French and another language but not openly at this English speaking forum because of past criticisms for doing such. Private message is ok with others. In fact, there are other French speakers here but they are mainly just lurkers of the forum...afraid to openly speak English here. My English has improved greatly here @ Elitetrader...less personal attacks about my English.

With that said, I'm very interested in removing as much lag as possible when sharing trading info in real-time and for personal reasons involving live streaming of personal events back to family located elsewhere in the world.

I really begin to question this lag when I was live streaming my kids Hockey. Also, I watch Bloomberg live on TV and online...I see the lag between the TV and online too. Yes, I understand the lag may be caused by the software & ISP of the receiver of the live stream or the same on my side or both. Makes me wonder if that lag is also similar like between the broker and the trader considering I have always believed there is a lag between broker / client but it was only in milliseconds...not seconds.
    • You mention a program that cost a fee to minimize the lag. What's the name of that program ?
    Soon I will have a lot of time to research more about the live streaming due to a pending surgery and I want to be able to be mentally active while laying up in bed after my surgery. :(

wrbtrader

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    #33     Sep 27, 2019
  4. souilh

souilh

Yes i understand for english is normal :)

who cause latency in streaming is the compress/decompress process
    for example i have a satellite dish and watch CNBC anc Bloomberg and when i'm out i stream it to my pc max is 3 seconds so is very find to follow news no big issue
    for sharing your desktop without big latency i already use gotowebinar and Webex all working fine
    but only will work to share your desktop not to stream from your TV receiver for example

#34     Sep 27, 2019
    wrbtrader likes this.
  5. souilh

souilh

Very nice day :thumbsup:
    I keep the recording if anyone want to review the day :)

#35     Sep 30, 2019
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Thanks. :cool:

wrbtrader

#36     Sep 30, 2019
  7. souilh

souilh

Today Good Non Farm Trade
    i was expecting move up as % that Fed cut rates raise to 82% so place pending long and when spike come take me to the up side :)
    so it was a good prepared trade
    on the morning i was waiting for that move up but come only on News time

#37     Oct 4, 2019
  8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

souilh

In the attached chart...what are the graphs that I label 1, 2 and 3 ?

I see some trades like GC in some of your videos but there's no DOM shown for those trades. Does that mean you have another monitor as in you're using multiple monitors for your trading but only showing one monitor in the live stream ?

Same for the FDMZ trades...no DOM was shown for those trades.

If you're only using 1 monitor...how did you make the trades in GC without a DOM shown for those GC trades in the live streaming ?

Also, what's the purpose for the shown DOM in FGBL because I don't see any trades in FGBL ?

wrbtrader

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    #38     Oct 18, 2019
  9. souilh

souilh

Hello,

1 is heatmap it show historical pending order when they remove them or put them it can help to detect spoofing
    2 is volume
    3 is Delta

I trade Also GC FDX and FESX FGBL and the monitor you see is only dedicated to live stream is not my monitor and i put FGBL because one friend want to see it and will trade back FGBL next month
    on my screen i have all DOM that i use and trade

#39     Oct 18, 2019
  10. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I do not understand when you said the monitor you see is only dedicated to live stream is not my monitor.
    • Who's monitor is it or what's on your monitor ?
    It seems like you're saying that there's more than one monitor. What info is on the other monitors if there's more than one monitor involve (I'm assuming just more info related to trading via the DOM) ?

wrbtrader

#40     Oct 18, 2019