Live happy, hide your wealth?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Debaser82, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Savant!!!!

Welcome back. Glad you are not dead.

Nice post, so far. These noobs are just now realizing what trading properly can bring.

Noobs, when you figure it out,please, be quiet. You will make enemies you never knew you had. My mother and uncle( who is a real estate multi-millionaire flipped out when I told them I was talking about what I do.) I also had one the Mavs several years ago PM me and say, congrats, now shut your mouth.

I said that to say that if you know what is going on, keep it to yourself and live very far below your means until you reach a point that you can completely insulate yourself from people who may be envious of you.

#21     Nov 8, 2010
  2. zdreg

zdreg

think rich look poor.

andy wahorl

#22     Nov 8, 2010
  3. iprph90

iprph90

+1....i would add that-although wealth is tangible, its true nature in our psyche is very subjective...we have all seen this as we go through life- for some, all the money in the world, could not make them any happier or thankful, and for others-they are content with very little.

#23     Nov 8, 2010
  4. Tell that guy that he can hide his Ferrari in my garage!
    I'll do the boring, routine maintenance drives to avoid engine from seizing and tires from deforming.

#24     Nov 8, 2010
  5. Eight

Eight

those people suck, they buy their suits at JC Pennys and drive F-150's, what a bunch of artless people... I'd say it would be great if upon a certain net worth that art appreciation and fashion classes were mandatory... same goes for buying a gallon of paint!!

#25     Nov 8, 2010
  6. unless you've seen their bank accounts, you really don't know who has more money in the bank. some people with bmw's and lexus are living paycheck to paycheck, and some are very wealthy.

you imply that everyone with lots of savings necessarily drives a saturn.

#26     Nov 8, 2010
  7. i've own some high-line automobiles and they do attract unwanted attention. lots of strangers beg for money, especially at the gas station. women i've dated also asked for gifts or money when i barely knew them and haven't even slept with them yet.

unless you are strong enough to always say no, and unless you are prepared for people to try to guilt-trip you or be rude to you when you do say No, then don't flash your wealth.

for me it works because i don't mind being a rude prick to beggars. if you're too nice to say no, hide your money or else you won't have it for long.

#27     Nov 8, 2010
  8. freedom is expensive. or does your "freedom mindset" somehow put food on the table, clothes on your back, and a roof over your head?

get real

#28     Nov 8, 2010
  9. BCE

BCE

10. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

LOL. I quit working 15 years ago. I read The Millionaire Next Door. Personally, I've not bought a suit in 25 years. I work (trade) at home. And why do people who live at, or below their means "suck"?

What's wrong with buying what you need and not being the typical US consumer who buys most anything he/she sees. And then ask how many of those people end up in foreclosure and/or credit card default. Oh yeah, I (who lived within my means) then end up paying for these deadbeats.

#30     Nov 8, 2010