Live futures trading room - view of order entry

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by lukas, Oct 6, 2016.

Would you pay to view a 15-minute-DELAYED DOM (order entry tool) of a profitable futures trader?

1. YES

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. NO

19 vote(s)
    82.6%
  1. lukas

lukas Guest

Please take a moment to share your opinion with other forum users by voting in a poll attached and sharing any comments in this thread. Your contribution is greatly appreciated.

2. Is the trader executing in live production and then showing their execution 15 minutes later or are they executing in a 15 minute delayed data environment?

VPhantom likes this.
  3. lukas

lukas Guest

The trader would be executing in live production environment - only the view of his screen for the clients would be delayed. The size traded will be decent (up to around 10-15 contracts). Account statements showing trades executed in these sessions will be made available to the clients

4. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

Why does the difference matter? Both can be used to blatantly cheat (making up a trade after the price printed) ...there simply is and never will be an alternative to making live calls. When it happens...is when it's being called. All else is a hoax.

5. lukas

lukas Guest

My intention is not to sell signals or promise anything. I would offer a service which perhaps might help someone to trade using my methodology (short-term intraday trades in liquid futures markets). I would not like to share it "as it happens" since this would adversely affect my trading performance as other market participants would see what I am doing. I will offer only practical education, in a way. Using it to make a profit is another thing and that is up to the client.

6. wintergasp

wintergasp

The odds that someone with real money subscribes to your live stream and then pushes billions of notional through liquid futures market in order for you to lose money live, are slim to none.

I think you could start by streaming live and see how many persons subscribe and whether that impacts your trading and then decide whether you want to continue live or delay. But starting with delay puts you in the scammer box straight away when dealing with Internet people.

aex and Zzzz1 like this.
  7. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

either you trade or you educate. Both seems a bit contradictory and opaque. Why do you care who sees what you are doing after you get your fills. You even want others to push up momentum.

I am sure you could catch enough dummies who would pay even if you kicked their arse, but just sharing that intelligent human beings should not pay money for a product that most likely is manipulated. The only way to safeguard against manipulation here is live calls. If you are too busy trading then trade for heaven's sake. Do not waste time on anything else. If you cannot make money trading I strongly believe you should not teach others how to trade.

8. birzos

birzos

You were asking people for their opinion on lot size earlier, the idea of providing a service is just ridiculous. The delay puts it in la la land.

Never agreed with this, if you're watching a trader or using eToro or Ayondo, they are advisers. Since advisers come under the regulations it comes back to the SEC going after NinjaTrader providers. You have to wonder why they didn't do it before but when the money is flowing and the party is in full swing anything goes, until it doesn't and someone's usually carted out because the host had no control.

Where is the line between a service provider and an enabler, it's getting shorter by the day, which is a good thing.

9. wintergasp

wintergasp

It can be good to show live experience. There's a fundamental problem to mentoring tho:

- A good trader can easily make 500k£ to 1m£ per year. If they don't have the capital themselves they go and work in hedge funds / trading houses / assisted brokerage companies / commodity risk management etc.

- A beginner will never pay more than 4-5k£ for mentoring. You might find a few who are willing to pay 25k£ but not many.

- Mentoring is a big pain in the ass and a huge time consumer, for someone who makes 1m£, it wouldn't be profitable to do it for less than 250k£ net of taxes.

- 250k£ / 5k£ : you need 40 guys to sign up and maybe do 2 sessions a year so you need to convince 1 guy every 2 business days to give you 5k£.

- Because it's not viable, the only persons who mentor don't make 1m£ a year. But who wants to hear what someone who doesn't make 1m£ a year does.... I guess people who have a 500 £ budget and not a 5k£ or 25k£ budget... you see the problem

aex, Gotcha and birzos like this.
  10. Gotcha

Gotcha

Would you like to first provide some stats of your trading? What do you trade? How many trades ave. per day? Typical profit target? Typical stop? Win rate?

Knowing this would I think help people decide if this type of trading was for them, for their psychology, and knowing your stats would be beneficial in figuring out if there was indeed a fair price to seeing your delayed trades.

#10     Oct 6, 2016