Live Fills - 1, 10, 20, 50 Cars

Discussion in 'Trading' started by EminitraderDM, Jun 13, 2009.

1. I saw him mentioned a few times. Does he trade for mere ticks though?

*EDIT* I was under the impression that he traded for points.

#11     Jun 13, 2009
  2. When there are millions of players, there are always a few who win.... even in the lotto. I saw a story on something like "60-Minutes" about a day trader who averaged 400 trades per day. He made decent money (seems it was in the "few hundred $thousand/year" range), but his day was spent working the keyboard like others would play a video game.

I suspect only the smallest percentage of scalpers are significantly profitable.

#12     Jun 13, 2009
  3. the1

the1

I've trade a wide variety of futures contracts at small and large sizes and the difference between trying to exit 1 lot vs 50 lots can be like the difference between swimming the English Channel compared to swimming the length of the pool in your back yard. If you system works with 1 lot sizing up to 50 lots will make a huge difference, especially if you find yourself in a counter-trend trade. There are times when exiting 1 lot will be the same as 50 but others when those extra 49 lots just aren't available at that price. You either take the slippage or you wait for the market to come back. Both can be very uncomfortable.

#13     Jun 13, 2009
  4. I understand.

I ll just have to go for it and hope for the best lol

#14     Jun 13, 2009
  5. If your system allows you to scale-in and scale-out that's also a good way to approach it.

#15     Jun 13, 2009
  6. I would not count on a system that DOESN'T move through your limit even with one car, let alone 10 or 20.

#16     Jun 13, 2009