Live Fills - 1, 10, 20, 50 Cars

Discussion in 'Trading' started by EminitraderDM, Jun 13, 2009.

1. I have a scalp system that works for me. It works well on 1 contract.

My question would be for individuals who have traded 10 - 20 contracts. With a limit order can you get filled on 10 contracts with a hit or two of the price you want? -or- Does price have to move through the limit in order to get a fill on 10 cars?

Thanks in advance.

D

2. Depends upon where you are in line. If you're at the back and last to be filled at that price, you could get a tick slippage on part of the order.

3. Am i correct in assuming you wont have slippage on a limit order? Just a partial fill?

4. Yes. Pardon, that's more correct that what I said before.

5. okay, thats not so bad i guess. although if the losers get full fills and the winners partial fills ill be a little fucked.

excuse then language.

6. You KNOW that's how it works... when you get filled easily, often you end up regretting it... :D

That's the bad thing about limit orders. When the trade goes bad, you've only saved one tic. But you can end up missing a swing (or even more) by a tic though you were spot-on but not high enough in line.

7. lol sometimes i wonder who actually wins at this game :p

8. I always wonder who wins when trying to scalp the ES. Seems much too difficult and manic.

Instead of trying to risk "2 ticks to capture 3", better to risk 3-4 points to try to capture 10 or more.

9. when i say scalp i mean risk 1 point for 2 points on a very high win rate.

i average about 2 points a day which is okay.

10. kxvid

kxvid

Don Miller does pretty well.

#10     Jun 13, 2009