Live Daytrading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by mr_byte31, Aug 23, 2018.

1. 777

I like that your goal is to "verify" someone is a winning trader and then try to learn from them.

This is not easy to do, but it should be your goal.

Please don't be too upset by some of the humorous comments to your thread-- some are very funny.

Good luck with your quest.

#41     Aug 25, 2018
    mr_byte31 likes this.
  2. mr_byte31,

I do not know anyone that does this, but I respect your questions. I tried about 2 chat room, but never really trusted or was comfortable what I was doing.

I would say learn the different ways to trade and pick one you like.

You try this guy below, he aims at finding trustworthy trading chat rooms

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEM7BtG8lO8t0J5qUmwwgXg

#42     Aug 25, 2018
    mr_byte31 likes this.
  3. Here is the real scoop on Thinkorswim. If you want to demo trade you have to have both the demo account up and the live account, detach a small window of the demo entry screen and lay it on your live charts. Then click the buy or sell button when you trade.

Their demo trading really sucks because you get filled at the live current price on their demo accounts even though you are looking at delayed quotes. On top of that the demo fills you at the last price traded which invalidates the demo from the beginning. For true simulated trading results you need one that sells to the live bid and buys the live offer like Sierra Charts.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely love TOS as they are King of Options and have no equal. TOS is fine on options demo as they fill you and the mid price of the bid/asked and you can generally get that (or very close) in live trading.

#43     Aug 25, 2018
    nakachalet and Peter10 like this.
  4. _eug_

_eug_

You are wasting your time with this guru worship.

#44     Aug 25, 2018
  5. Sam from TradeDevils has recently started live trading the emini on tuesdays-thursdays.
    Offcourse most of the time its just waiting and you'll just see his screen while he's busy with other stuff. But when something is happening or something is setting up he'll take the mic and start talking about what he's seeing/thinking. For me its very helpful to see how he enters/exits & manage trades, how he deals with losing trades, what his thought process is etc etc

#45     Sep 14, 2018
  6. I found many channels on youtube that they go live and talk about stocks and what they think but they never trade those stocks !!!

to learn , you need people who use real money and show P&L to make sure they are using their physiology and money in trading not just telling you about what they think !

#46     Sep 14, 2018
  7. Name that tune....

We also like to know....?

#47     Sep 30, 2018
  8. Hello there, mr_byte31

Would you consider these few trades
    satisfying your dreams come true criteria....?

But I have no desire to hog my profitable setups....
    any time soon though?

Just to wet your appetite, perhaps.

ET 4 mr byte31 2018-09-30 NQ _015.png

ET 4 mr byte31 2018-09-30 NQ _016.png

ET 4 mr byte31 2018-09-30 NQ _017.png

#48     Sep 30, 2018
  9. maxinger

maxinger

I doubt you will get genuine day trader posting live all the time.

Honestly speaking, I wouldn't do it all the time because day trading involves serious concentration, and I totally wouldn't tolerate any distractions.

Look at my ET journal. The moment I find I am being distracted, I'd stop posting anything in my journal.

However, if we do demo day trading, it is very easy to post our 'live' trades.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    #49     Sep 30, 2018