live cattle

Discussion in 'Trading' started by arizona, Feb 28, 2003.

1. arizona

arizona

Would anyone that has had success in trading live cattle please tell me what helped them get over the hump. Also insights on soybean and corn trading would be appreciated.

2. jester

jester Guest

...I used a large cattle prod that seemed to do the trick (i.e. getting them over the hump)......:p

sorry it too good a set up I couldn't resist

J-

3. prox

prox

I wonder if they send you a hundred cows if you exercise your contract.

4. ZBEAR

ZBEAR

YEAH,

A Prod and a Bullwhip on her always werks fer me ........ooooh baby.

Seriously AZ, You are asking the wrong question. the Right Question is :
    "How do I get over the hump "Trading" ? .....end of question......

Learn to trade well and you can trade any market.

Keep reading the threads here on ET and follow up the many many leads
    - oh yeah - and work your butt off day and night.

Hasta Lasagne

5. Vishnu

Vishnu

While this discussion might've been started in jest I do think its interesting given today's WSJ article about milk drinking going through the roof in China. Up to a few years ago, nobody drank milk. Now its suddenly become hugely popular, even replacing alchohol at cocktail parties and as the drink of choice at dinner. I think we could be at the beginning of a long upward trend in live cattle.

6. Nope. I think you take a receipt for live cattle stored somewhere. What you do after that with them is up to you.

7. To heck with cattle.

I need to know if Coffee and Unleaded Gasoline are liquid contracts! :D

8. corvus

corvus

9. Arizona- I have in the past traded both live cattle and feeder cattle but don't anymore. The reason is volume and the manipulation of the market by a very few large players(packers) trying to influence their incoming supply. The markets are very cyclical and seasonal. I understand that they can be followed pretty well with Elliot Wave. I have looked at this but the volume and manipulation still keeps me out. Milk is much the same way with no volume. I have been in these businesses for 50 years.

10. buff

buff

Tried cattle but also couldn't get over the hump so switched to camels. :D

#10     Feb 28, 2003