Live Cattle Soybeans(meal too) Wheat

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by GlobalFinancier, May 9, 2006.

1. I'm in mainland China. 5/1-5/7 was a vacation.
    Most agricultural commodities are traded in our exchanges which have 14 products, financial futures coming soon.

#11     May 9, 2006
  2. are you Chinese?

If not you are a lucky person to be there. I plan to visit next year and hopefully spend several weeks...big place and not much time but I'm keen to see what I can of it.

#12     May 9, 2006
  3. Yeah 100% Chinese.
    I think I'll be able to get my money transferred into the commodities account(FINALLY!!!) today/tomorrow.
    Well, with all the money you'll make in commodities, you could spend a full year here :D.

#13     May 10, 2006
  4. #14     May 10, 2006
  5. :)

#15     May 10, 2006
  6. Thanks for the link.
    Live cattle breaks out!

#16     May 11, 2006
  7. Wheat gains strongly, live cattle continues uptrend.
    That's why you don't go with the masses. Sure, strong trends like gold can persist for a while, but the big money is made finding new trends that the average joes aren't in, that have good fundamentals, good charts and then ruthlessly exploiting them. See my posts in the GM thread and GOOG thread in the stock arena :).

#17     May 13, 2006
  8. ellokn

ellokn

GF, so right you are. While all chase the gold and oil and volatility increases -- even if the overall trend remains up -- those markets are fire. The average trader will have a tough time participating without major burns.

Buying LC or Corn or Wheat over the last weeks was a lonely game. Trading those markets might not sound as exciting, but your returns sure will be if you are able to swing trade or maintain a position from the start of any significant move.

#18     May 13, 2006
  9. Well, I was right but I lost some money :(.
    The problem was my wheat futures were too small while my soybeans were too big. That'll be fixed next time
    Anyways, I've exited soybeans as well. It appears agricultural commodities are a tough nut to crack, total portfolio down 3% since dabbling with them.

#19     May 23, 2006
  10. ellokn

ellokn

If you are "dabbling" and only down 3% you are doing well.

It takes years, and experience through multiple market cycles, to get a handle on these markets.

IMO much easier to trade than financial markets.

#20     May 23, 2006