Live by the Sword, Die by the Sword...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, Sep 17, 2012.

1. achilles28

achilles28

Why is it Americans are shocked and horrified when one a few of their own are targeted for recrimination for the hundreds of thousands of lives the US Government took in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, and Egypt (by proxy support of Mubarak)?

Did it not occur to anyone that all the "collateral damage" we've piled up overseas in this noble and brave war on people we don't like, would earn us a little ill-will amongst the natives?

I wouldn't be surprised to see more Anglophile diplomats drug from their embassies and beaten to a bloody pulp, in the middle east. I deplore it, but I'm not shocked in the slightest. It's time we grow up and abandon this sadistic fantasy that we're doing "Gods work" by killing brown people by the yard. It's evil. And now the evil is done to us.

Live by the Sword, Die by the Sword.

2. jcl

jcl

It doesn't look as if that mob would give a rat's ass about how many lives the US Government took. If they cared about any taken lives, they had stormed the Syrian embassy, not the US.

Things are here just as they appear. The islamistic mob is motivated by religious fanatism, not by any "collateral damage".

3. Steven Weinberg

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

4. funny how free thinker cannot post without cut n pasting a whole story written by someone else without ANY comment of his own.

or his posts rely exclusively on quotes of another

free thinker indeed

5. I think re free thinker, (ahahahaha :D ..I think :D so i free thinker too)

Re cut and paster......someone else says it better....

6. Ricter

Ricter

But for evil people to do good things, that takes religion.

7. You do not need the Bible(or koran) to justify love, but no better tool has been invented to justify hate. (Richard A. Weatherwax)

8. Ricter

Ricter

Justification is not the same as motivation.

9. Mav88

Mav88

good and evil and not definable and are therefore useless to make arguments out of.

exe: People praise bill gates for saving africa from aids as a 'good' deed, so guess what... the coming population explosion will destroy what's left of the ecosystem there

10. Brass

Brass

Certainly not by someone with "88" in his user name. Right, MavHH?

#10     Sep 17, 2012