Lithium

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by themickey, Dec 28, 2018.

1. themickey

themickey

No it didn't, please post your chart on lithium.

#11     Dec 28, 2018
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

I should emphasize I was looking at lithium etf went I typed that. Price of lithium seemed to zig zag until January'

nasdaq vs lit
    upload_2018-12-28_23-1-13.png
    lithium price
    upload_2018-12-28_22-58-13.png

Here's copper
    upload_2018-12-28_23-5-21.png

#12     Dec 28, 2018
    vanzandt and themickey like this.
  3. Lithium prices will plummet in the medium to long run because most of the world's lithium batteries will be replaced by a new technology where fluoride based chemicals react and result in higher power retention capabilities and capacity, essentially further shrinking size to provide the same power. This technology is still in its infancy but will definitely disrupt the entire lithium chain.

#13     Dec 29, 2018
    themickey likes this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Do you have a link to some research that points to this development?

#14     Dec 29, 2018
  5. #15     Dec 29, 2018
  6. Overnight

Overnight

By providing the link you have saved me from the extra calorie count in the amount of energy expended by clicking GOOG and searching searching searching. Based on the abstract, it seems to me that the fluoride tech is decades away from any potential commercial application, if it ever proves to be feasible in the first place.

#16     Dec 29, 2018
    Cuddles and piezoe like this.
  7. It's 2 years out I reckon from all the content I read on this topic.

#17     Dec 30, 2018
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

Lithium Battery powered cars for all, aren't Viable, cars are getting bigger and bigger to solve the range issue and heavier, so taking more power from the grid per mile, the lithium is nasty to mine and use and costly to recycle power useage wise, it might go up short term but long term it's a doomed prospect.

Honda have a working, 10x's the densitiy of Lithium I see, based on Flouride ( ie toothpaste ), much better supply and recycling potential and be able to make small EV's with good range, which take very little power to generate, this IF they can get it into a car will kill Lithium dead :)

#18     Dec 30, 2018
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

The big market here's everything else that's battery powered. When everyone and their mother's coming out w/lithium ion power tools all made in the same factory in China, you can be damned sure Lithium's got a bright future.

#19     Dec 31, 2018
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

Lithium is nasty dont want lithium.

There opening up old coal mines and exracting lithium so supply is short term out stripping demand, but lithium is pretty rare and demand is going to sky rocket so will prices.

Doubt flouride will get there first, Honda might keep the rights for 30years and we’ll all be driving Honda’s.

#20     Dec 31, 2018