Literary Classics and Trading

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by F.-M. Arouet, Mar 30, 2007.

1. 225, priceless! You don't even need to invent!

#51     Mar 31, 2007
  2. Infolode, now that's my kind of post. Irreverent, iconoclastic, personal, insulting and with just a hint of legitimate content! With an adversary like you, I can go far on ET. With respect to the live call, gurus do no condescend to do that because we are busy teaching legitimate students who do the work, and we have no time for those lazy souls who won't. As to posting a blotter, if you had asked yesterday, I would have, in fact I was hoping someone snotty like you would ask. But my TWS inexplicably shut down overnight, so I cannot. Those are easy to fake anyway, other people do it all the time, especially those pathetic detractors of ET's officially endorsed trading methods.

And yes, I do have prostate problems, common at my age, as you will eventually discover, you sniveling brat. And did I enjoy yesterday's attention? Oh, yes! It thrills me to manipulate fools, to make them grovel and debase themselves for imagined benefits. Wait 'til you see the next disclosure. Even you will be impressed at its brilliance.

Now to serious matters. Would you kindly explain your chart? THose are precisely the points at which I traded, no point in taking anything less than tops and bottoms. I think there might be something there I can plagiarize after you are long gone and forgotten. That's where I get most of my best ideas, from venomous idiots like you who criticize me and spew all their trading secrets in the vain hope of impressing me.

And lest you get a big head, little man, attached is my chart. You can tell from its sheer complexity that it obviously is the product of a brilliant mind. Continuously evolved over five years and forward tested and refined at a cost of over $20K (not including parts, labor, fees, taxes, depreciation and overhead), it is now capable of producing over 7% profit per day per NQ contract. I have deliberately obscured the details that will be revealed only to toady accolytes, like 225, whom I have my eye on to be my straw boss here. I expect that most of them will be so unutterably stupid that I cannot bear to deal with them directly. So there are secrets that only the annointed will learn. You will eventually submit and become one, perhaps even one of the special chosen inner circle. Your irresistable desire for acceptance will be you undoing. I am a patient person. And, no, it's not America I hate, it's Yankees.

#52     Mar 31, 2007
  3. tortoise

tortoise

i'll take that wager. how much would you like to bet?

#53     Mar 31, 2007
  4. OK, Tortoise. I am trumped. What other books do you like? Have you ever seen anyone else discuss the Rule of Ten? Do you find it useful?

BTW, the chart for the next lesson is ready. Sit up and beg!

#54     Mar 31, 2007
  5. tortoise

tortoise

Siddhartha.

#55     Mar 31, 2007
  6. Agreed, but I was thinking of trading books.

Aside: my latest study will humiliate a certain subculture of ET traders. It makes one of their favorite para-diggems look foolish. And you may find it to be a useful tool in your trading. But you won't get it for nothing! Abasement is all I desire. What do you have to lose? You have no self-respect anyway, or you wouldn't be here. Mosr of you never heard of the Rule of Ten. Suivez-moi!

#56     Mar 31, 2007
  7. “Nothing is mine, I know nothing, I possess nothing, I have learned nothing.”

I have nothing to lose.

"Busted flat in Baton Rouge, waiting for a train."

#57     Mar 31, 2007
  8. tortoise

tortoise

you missed my point, didn't you? :D

#58     Mar 31, 2007
  9. Yes, I did, Tortoise. I hate people who are smarter than me. But, scratch a sadist and you find a masochist, so treat me gently.

(The para-diggem that we are going to demolish today concerns the nature of volume. Conventionally, and orthodoxly, haha, it is charted below price with black bars. Certain folks who think themselves clever change the volume bar color to green when the corresponding price bar closed above the open, and red for the opposite. This supposedly provides additional information.

Now these same deluded souls also think that volume is in some way doubled, or rectified, or running at twice the rate of price. (An antiquated or inferior mathematical and/or engineering education is a dangerous handicap in trading. Beware gurus who are old engineers, present company excepted.) Because as price increases, volume increases, and as price eases off volume decreases, until price falls so far that volume again increases. This causes volume charts to have the appearance of ripe breasts with distinctly erect nipples at price turning points, but they have another term for it.

These same fetishists, BTW, think that volume leads price, but that is a wholly harmless delusion, like believing in Santa Clause. These fetishists have some difficulty in interpreting their breast charts to determine when volume is waning from an upswing or swelling from a downswing. So they have elaborate code names for the patterns: green to green, green to red, red to red, red to green. If they had more colors, they would have more patterns.

Now I am going to give ET some time to think about this, to see if you can guess what my chart invention is.)

#59     Mar 31, 2007
  10. tortoise

tortoise

oh, i'm not smarter than you. just, evidently, better read.

#60     Mar 31, 2007