Literary Classics and Trading

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by F.-M. Arouet, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Additional questions have been raised by posters who wished to remain anonymous, for self-evident reasons:

"I trade only five minute charts because I am so old I can't see the action in one minute any more. How then can I use your method?" I have a linked Excel spread sheet which calculates PRM, pro rata minutes.

"How does observation of the depth of market fit into this method?" Any visual focus which distracts you from extraneous market details while you continue the count is acceptable.

"I trade ES, and find that YM often leads ES. What do I do when this happens and I reach the count of ten in YM?" Count to eleven.

#41     Mar 30, 2007
  2. 225, you can get a leg up on this course by reading Richard Shabacker. He is so obscure that I can safely plagiarize from him. And for your good humor and faith, I will share this piece of near-term market wisdom with you:

"Down is the new up."

#42     Mar 30, 2007
  3. Ian, the entry? Can you keep a secret? Look at the chart. Do you see an H&S in one minute that formed at 11:12? Add one minute to agonize over it, and you get your 11:13 entry. Or if you don't believe that, you can observe that any two moving averages that you would care to select projected to cross over. Or any three were about to form a rainbow. Or maybe volume had gone invisible and something had to happen, so I second-guessed my first guess and entered. Or maybe, just maybe, I have a secret entry method which I will reveal to you only if you buy my book, video, software, and interactive training course, due out at the end of 2007.

#43     Mar 30, 2007
  4. Infolode, I think you should scale up to Foretopman Billy Budd to get a story which truly relates to trading.

#44     Mar 30, 2007
  5. YeeeeHaaaaa ....Let’s stampede the women and rape the cattle!

My little nugget of literary wisdom is from a not-so obscure movie produced in the 70's by Mel Brookes called "Blazing Saddles".:D

Now that relates to trading.:)

#45     Mar 30, 2007
  6. When all have digested this petit morceau of trading legerdemain, and none have regurgitated it, we shall continue to the next lesson. I promise that each new one will be harder to swallow than the next. But that is what we gurus do. Stretch credulity like a pregnant woman's swollen belly. Compound ever more outlandish claims until the earliest ones seem plausible by comparison. Humiliate you with your own inability to comprehend complexity piled on complexity. When a particular trade doesn't work, we say "Were you looking at the forest, the trees, the limbs, the twigs or the leaves?"

The next lesson will neatly demolish a fundamental tenet of a trading method popular on ET among novice traders too dull witted to know any better.

#46     Mar 30, 2007
  7. I would say something sexy in Latin but I don't know no Latin....per se.

#47     Mar 30, 2007
  8. Very clever! But Infolode, I am not the guru for you. I will refer you to another here who is into (one hopes not literally) the larger herd animals. And unless you wish me to use my considerable skills at humiliation to reduce you to a cretin capable only of channel trading, kindly restrain yourself and contribute appropriate posts. Else I will marshall all my friends to hit the complain button. Nineteen at once should do nicely.

#48     Mar 30, 2007
  9. Let me see your patronizing, condescending and your prostate is probably the size of a bagel.

You're posing as educated gentlemen ready to pass the torch and you have a genuine dislike for Americans as evidenced by your thinly veiled swipes.
    You get a kick out of watching gullable noobies jump through your hoops. That's your panglossian payoff right there...watch'em scramble then kick'em after they return with the fetched stick.

Here's a chart with my signals; next time make a live call and post a chart w/blotter you narcistic ninny.

Oh and fetch your friends to tos me asshole, I dare you!

Infolode the Bohemian :D

My favorite Voltaire quote:

"Hey Newton, you're drinking quick silver dude....sup wit da hair?"

#49     Mar 31, 2007
  10. I would remind the contributors to refrain from quoting the detractors. By putting them on ignore, an envrionment conducive to learning can continue rather than change.

#50     Mar 31, 2007