Literary Classics and Trading

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by F.-M. Arouet, Mar 30, 2007.

1. OK, I'll give you a hint. I won't tell you how I entered the trade, but will tell you how I exited it. The former requires genius, the latter patience. What I offer is a patience tool. It's not even mine, but it's so obscurely published that I am going to take credit for it. A common enough practice here. But remind me to rename it when I disclose it so it will seem original with me.

Why do the homework? Because it is submission. Obeisance. Masochism. Credulity. All excellent qualities in a toady sycophant. Now answer me. Why WON'T ET do the work? Does it already have teachers overloading them with meaningless assignments?

#21     Mar 30, 2007
  2. Yes, our gurus overload us too much already.
    Some, with years and thousands of posts, accuse us of illiteracy and reading comprehension problems if we don't do the "homework" and reach the same conclusions that they have reached.
    Once burned, twice shy.

#22     Mar 30, 2007
  3. dr seuss is all you need

#23     Mar 30, 2007
  4. OK, then what about you, 225? I promise you what I have to offer is explicit, clear, simple, quantitative, possibly even testable, and has a respectable pedigree. All characteristics sadly lacking in certain quarters. Why won't you suck up? Please? This is getting embarrassing. I am beginning to fear that I need you more than you need me. I mean, I'm not even asking you to swing smouldering censers or twirl prayer wheels or finger worry beads. I just want you to tell me I'm great.

#24     Mar 30, 2007
  5. Traderdragon2, I, too, believe there is much wisdom in the Geisel. My first subtle sex education lesson for my children was when at bedtime I read them the line "Red, Ned, Ted and Ed in bed." Would you care to explain why you think Seuss is applicable to trading? While we're waiting for ET to do the work. May be a long wait.

#25     Mar 30, 2007
  6. OK, I did some homework.
    Seiki Shimizu is a candlestick guru.

#26     Mar 30, 2007
  7. Almost good enough. Evaluate the trade. Why it was hard to hold. Why it was hard to exit. Nobody will think the less of you. You get bonus points if you flatter me and say that a certain unmentionable egregiously garrulous guru wouldn't have initiated it in time to get all it had to offer.

#27     Mar 30, 2007
  8. FM, I am trying really hard to get this homework thing done.
    I have even opened up tws after hours on a Friday.

With IB's charts -- 5 min. -- I see indecisiveness in the previous candle,
    indeed, indecisiveness in several of the preceeding candles, then, BOOM,
    almost red -- no pun intended -- all over in the next candle.

#28     Mar 30, 2007
  9. Very good, but I am not that certain unmentionable egregiously garrulous guru. Put it one one minute and get back to me.

BTW, you should never close your chart or your trading window. I keep mine open 24/7/366. Where I can see it from the bed. With the volume set loud enough for the audibles to wake me up. Keeps the wife sleeping upstairs.

#29     Mar 30, 2007
  10. Oh! Yes! I see how some gurus would have failed. Price leading up to the decision was increasing, just a little, but increasing, nevertheless, and volume was steady.

#30     Mar 30, 2007