Literary Classics and Trading

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by F.-M. Arouet, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Je fais mes apologes! I resonated to the twists and turns in direction in the poem, sorry. It is nice to have a fib trader on board, a fibber, as it were. I have a treasured fib private correspondent who tells me where I should have reversed after it's too late. You may find my lesson to be of interest, as I am a "counter". You remember, from Sesame Street? "I am the Count! One...two...three..."

#11     Mar 30, 2007
  2. Iowegian

Iowegian

Gotta go with Jack and the Beanstalk and The Old Man and the Sea

#12     Mar 30, 2007
  3. Kindly explain the irrelevance of your literary citations? My third poster who refuses to do the work!

I'll bet no one reading this thread has looked at the trade or looked up the reference. Be advised that is the attitude of a loser, a trading failure, an immature person, an orthodox thinker, someone who wants to channel the solution without going through the steps necessary to build wealth responsibly.

#13     Mar 30, 2007
  4. Thanks. I finally understand what Pangloss was telling us. Cunegonde's garden must have been delightful.

#14     Mar 30, 2007
  5. You are quite welcome, but this thread is about trading. Literary references are merely a charming way to recognize the eternal verities of human nature which trading reflects so cruelly. And I chose the reference to Hamlet's friend Horatio to be alliterative to another famous H whose philosopy misses a few things in this earthly heaven of trading.

#15     Mar 30, 2007
  6. "Faire pleurer le cyclope!" ET is hopeless. That one 14.5 point trade took 55% of the NQ's 25.75 point daily range. There were at least nine other trades offered which, though riskier, could have delivered over twice, and possibly thrice, the daily range. The generous limit order traders are giving away money. All you have to do is take it, and pay the spread in thanks. They don't mind a bit that if you made 3X in ten trades they lost 299 X the spread. Such nice fellows they are, philanthropists all.

#16     Mar 30, 2007
  7. Yes, FM, we have many philanthropists here.
    Is that why Niederhofer warned of adopting the "free" methods -- that used to work -- of old traders at sites such as nobletraders.com?

#17     Mar 30, 2007
  8. FM, if I may add, you're very wise about paying the spread.
    I once read that we should buy strength and sell weakness.
    Today, you have proven the old saw, "He who hesitates is lost."

#18     Mar 30, 2007
  9. An apt reference, the Niederhoffer. Those free methods make a lot of money. For market makers. But my free method, should ET ever humble itself sufficiently debasingly to make me disclose it, will make market order traders money. And me, too, if only I can get a thick-headed and suspicious ET to adopt it. I am learning rapidly what a tough sell ET is. Maybe I should promise vast riches through outrageous daily percentage profits. Why not? Figure out that $290 trade on $1875 Interactive Broken margin. Or even on my entire $2000 trading account (I just put more money in it after the overnight margin call). Or perhaps I should cite profit per minute in the trade, that's gastronomical.

I have already revealed the not-so-secret secret to a private correspondent who humiliated himself convincingly. I will give it to everyone else if just one poster grovels fawningly in a post that makes it clear he she or it has looked at the trade and done the research homework. Where ever did I leave that silver spoon?

#19     Mar 30, 2007
  10. I have a new message in my ET inbox!

#20     Mar 30, 2007