Listen carefully ladies

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, May 17, 2011.

1. So it seems you cant figure out why Obama has always had a 40-45 % job approval rating,currently is favored by all odds maker to win re election,why many moderately strong candidates like Christie,Huck ,Jeb etc don't want to run against him,why no strong democrats want to mount a primary challenge,why Obamas personal favorability ratings are 70-80 % etc.OK then:cool:

#51     May 18, 2011
  2. Again you seem to be missing something.Just because there is high unemployment doesn't mean voters will vote out Obama.Somebody has to convince voters that they will do better then Obama.Good luck to the current 2012 GOP jokes doing that

#52     May 18, 2011
  3. By that logic I should blame our fine military for the disaster known as the Iraq war and not Bush :confused: Ok then

#53     May 18, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

You don't understand politics kid. I'm sorry, you don't. At the end of the day, the ONLY thing people care about is their job. How do you think dictators come into power. They rise to power during depressions and famines and promise food and jobs to everyone. It matters! Study history kid. We always seems to repeat it.

#54     May 18, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

No, bad analogy. It would be the same as blaming the soldiers at Abu Grahib and not Bush. Or when soldiers open fire on innocent civilians. I don't blame Obama for all the incidents that happen in Afghanistan that are embarrassing to this country. The soldiers and their units have to answer to that, not Obama.

#55     May 18, 2011
  6. I know history very well ,it seems you don't.Obama and Carter only have one major issue in common,high unemployment

Carter had energy problems worse then Obama,was seen as weak,had high interest rates,terrorists holding American hostages being shown on TV daily,a nasty and costly primary with Ted Kennedy and Jerry Brown,a strong charming and charismatic republican opponent in Reagen etc.If Obama had these problems I would change my stance on him be re elected

#56     May 18, 2011
  7. Draws line here.............

Seals killed Osama.

But their boss gave the order. I am sensitive to that because I served for a few years under dubya, whom I was convinced was nuts. But you know what, if the phone rang, or got a knock on the door, guess what?

Obama gave the order, the Seals carried it out. Commander vs. drones. Mav, you know better.

#57     May 18, 2011
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Goddamn you are thick headed. Look man, go get married, have a few kids, get a mortgage and now take away your job. You will see the world very differently. Very differently. Right now you young and an idealist. Everything seems so crystal clear at your age. But as you get older the things that matter in your life come down to one thing, being able to support your family.

Sure Fox news and MSNBC will scream about abortions and gay marriage and lying to go into wars, but 98% of this country doesn't care about that shit, they care about their family. They want jobs!!!!

You downplay unemployment like it's a side issue. Easy for you to say while your running late to your art history class. But to those of us in the real world, it's a much bigger issue. You have a lot to learn.

#58     May 18, 2011
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

RCG, I'm not criticizing Obama, I'm just not giving him credit. Obama and Bush send these kids into war and into firing holes and they have no skin in the game except their f*cking approval rating. I'm sorry, I give the credit to the Seals. End of discussion.

#59     May 18, 2011
  10. Or maybe you are just to fucking stupid to understand that Carters energy problems,being seen as a weak president, high interest rates,terrorists holding American hostages on TV ,a nasty and costly primary challenge from a credible democratic opponent like Ted Kennedy and a strong republican opponent like Ronald Reagen has a huge impact on an election

#60     May 18, 2011