Listed v. Nasdaq trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by hedgez, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Don't trade illiquid Nasdaq stocks.Best to stick with the ones that have good volume,volatility,and liquidity.

#11     Aug 7, 2002
  2. I typically trade QQQ right along with the trends that develop during the day - it's fairly easy to gain .30 to .50 within an hour or less, sometimes several times per day. At 500 to 1500 shares this can add up pretty quick and keeps my commissions low.

Sometimes when I get one just right I can pick up 1.50+ (say when the market opens 2-3% higher then fades all the way to 2-3% lower throughout the day, as long as i don't get faked out and sell to soon)

2 questions please, as I am a rookie both to trading and to this site -

1) If I wanted to look at learning how to trade NYSE stocks, should I go with big ones like DJIA stocks or pick something more middle sized or smaller? any pros or cons?

2) How the heck do you guys get "quotes" from previous posts to appear in your posts? I must be lame 'cause I can't figure it out... can't seem to locate a button or function to do it with... please help.

Respectfully,

Paul

#12     Aug 7, 2002
  3. Magna

Magna Administrator

Simply click on the word "Quote" in the lower right of everyone's posts. Then add your commentary to their quote as you wish. After doing so I suggest you click the Preview button to check things out, make sure they look the way you want them to.

#13     Aug 8, 2002

4. Ohhhh - Duh! I see it now... Thanks!

#14     Aug 8, 2002