Listed Handbook

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by tradeoes, Sep 24, 2002.

1. OES,

Sweet dude!!!! Thanks very much.

This comes at a perfect time for me as I am diversifying my trading to the NYSE. Posts like your make up for a ton of other bullshit posts that often appear on other threads here.

MACD:cool:

#21     Oct 7, 2002
  2. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Jeff,

Very nice book!

I thought it was a two minute rule, not a one minute rule.

Is there a reference for the one minute rule? I couldn't find one on www.nyse.com

#22     Oct 31, 2002

3. Thats because you won't find it. It's in the memo's they put out.

#23     Oct 31, 2002
  4. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

After talking with our rep about a one minute order, I found out some more interesting things.

It appears that you get more clout with a trade-thru on a limit order than with a market order (all other things being equal).

Do you find that to be the case?

#24     Nov 1, 2002

5. No, I depends on the market. Their are alot of different circumstances that can happen during the time in question. Another thing to remember is that markets take priority over limits. So, even though an order had a limit and got traded through I've seen markets take precedence over limits with
    DOT services in the book just because they were market orders. It just kind of depends on what was happening in the time in question.

Jeff--
    OES

#25     Nov 1, 2002
  6. A few more downloads and I'm cutting it. 500 will make 1099 downloads. Until my new and improved edition!

#26     Nov 13, 2002
  7. If some of you guys sent me a message earlier, send it again. I lost a few emails and had seen e's from this site.

Jeff--
    OES

#27     Nov 13, 2002