List of Trading Rules!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by EMini-Player, Sep 10, 2003.

1. For me, I would target only what is still left after the dinner! :D :)

#41     Sep 12, 2003
  2. LOL! I live in the west coast's #1 surfing paradise. One of my mates here in this town, a world-champion pro surfer, just signed up for the largest sponsorship in surfing history. US$ 6 million, just for wearing Billabong wetsuits for the next few years! It's currently one of the biggest pieces of town-talk.

He's 23, he's already made a lot more money than me at the same age and he's very funny, too. I think he'd laugh about anything.

However, if you told him what you just told us about sharks, i.e. "To the shark eating dinner is probably more like squeezing juice out of an orange"...

I don't think he'd laugh.

A lot of seasoned surfers around here have one or another board at home that has been cleanly 'bayed' by a white pointer / tiger shark. Imagine a clean, 1/4 - 1/2 m wide 'crescent', beautifully taken out through all of several layers of fiberglass, styrofoam etc. That's what we call a "nibble" around here. After that, the board becomes kind of unusable.

The last time I was out for a surf on the bay, I wondered why people were leaving the water. Then I saw a huge dorsal fin emerge, to find out that the shark was too busy playing with a seal, throwing it through the air several times. Killer whales do the same, so I'm not even sure if it was a whale. They like playing with their prey like cats. Killer whales actually throw the seals through the air dozens of times and pass them to each other, while the others in the herd are supposed to "catch" it from free flight. It's a bit like water-volley. The seals are squeaking all along, and so are the whales - with enthusiasm, though.

However, in reality killer whales are very friendly animals, and very kind to people, they're similar to dolphins.

Just like the killer whales or sharks, shrewd traders or real estate agents don't have to be evil or cruel in real life.
    It's simply how they make a living. They still act barbarian, though.

All that said, do you still want to tell me that this is just like "squeezing juice out of an orange"? I don't think so.
    They like their game. Evil or not, they like to play their prey, the same way a lot of pro traders and market makers do.

~Scientist :)

#42     Sep 12, 2003
  3. LMAO

LMAO

He's still on ET. He's grob109.

#43     Sep 12, 2003
  4. Mecro

Mecro

I cant believe someone very intelligent actually defends Jack Hershey. Besides the fact that almost every accomplishment he talked about was BS, his method was simply impossible to understand.

What you are talking about seems like channeling stocks. Unfortunately, it does not work that well. It's a great strategy when it comes to trader vs trader, but there are such things as real buyers and real sellers.

#44     Sep 12, 2003
  5. chasmann

chasmann

#45     Sep 12, 2003
  6. You should read your own stuff twice and make sure you can back it up well before you post it.

In fact, you aren't telling me anything. Other than what I can read between your lines: What you're really meaning to say is:

"If I, as a supposedly superiorly intelligent individual of this profession do not / can not make the effort to comprehend theories xyz by this person and therefore they, as well as all of his other theories are not partially, but entirely invalid. I refuse any further openness to his theories or the possibility of one or multiple of his theories / concepts being valid or useful. Since this is a lot more convenient than making an actual effort to understand, not to mention a lot less controversial, I prefer and choose the path of ignorance."

It's a paradigm thing. Have a good read of Stephen R. Covey's book "The 7 Habits of Highly effective people", then read the sequels. Also, make sure you take an accredited NLP-course and read some really good books on the subject. Jack has gone into a lot of NLP, in fact when you go through the new matrix documents (to be downloaded in the now very active MSN community, by the way), you will find some systematic NLP approaches to applying the theories. It isn't just a thing you can look at for a day and do a judgment. It's a holistic approach. You either get it or you don't. If you do, it'll take a while. Becoming an airline pilot isn't learnt within days or weeks. Applying Jack's methods takes work. Many people don't get that bit. They go : "Oh, that doesn't work, because Stochastics is a crap indicator, anyway." They have no idea. If you use 1 indicator and get to know all of it's nuances, you can do amazing stuff with it. If you don't, you're better off trading without indicators altogether. Indicators that are only 90% understood by themselves are dangerous! Yes, Jack will ask you to put work in. He requires you to know and understand the formula behind Stochastics, he says it's crucial and he's right. Yes, he'll require you to do 1 page or more of stop-logs per day, flaw cards till the cows come home. Most people stop here, because they think this is too much work. Then they blame him and say it's nonsense! Well, if you do, then please go, but don't discredit people who have more brain / commitment than you to actually understand.

One of Covey's 7 habits that he stresses most:

"First, seek to understand ... Then to be understood."

Think about it.

You don't even know what you're talking about. It's not the same as channeling stocks.

Regarding trader vs trader - Well, it seems you're talking about equities markets here. Yes, there are real buyers and sellers in the equities markets. There are win-win situations, too. In the futures markets that isn't the case. There's no win-win in the futures markets, never. It's zero-sum for starters. There are a lot less "real buyers" and "real sellers" - Trust me. Most people in the mini's at least are day traders. They get in and get out as soon as the wind turns. It really is quite a lot of a "trader vs trader" situation! That's what futures markets are about. This is what Hershey talks about all along in his futures trading theories. He never talk about day trading stocks, so what's your point?

His stock swing trading approach is apparently a lot like CANSLIM - I'm not sure - I haven't actually studied it much since I day trade futures. However, it seems well profitable, P&L statements of members using the latest swing calls have been published in excel format on Jack's current MSN forum.

I believe Jack's MSN forum, which has always been his base, now has over 100 members, the group can be found at: http://groups.msn.com/JackHersheysStrategies/messages.msnw

Well, personally, I just don't mind studying things with an open mind until I can squeeze no more knowledge out of it - as you probably know. My handle sort of suggests it, too. There's always SOMETHING to be learnt out of ANYTHING. And be it only to KNOW what's wrong and what's not. I'll still KNOW more, won't I? If I find Jack / his dog / his entire life / some of his strategies or methods to be bogus - fine. Who cares? Maybe he's 99% bogus. Who cares? Well, in the meantime I'll get whatever I can out of that other 1%. It'll be well worth it. Knowledge is power.

As for you Mecro - stop being a troll and start growing up. It's not just your opinion that counts. Take it or leave it.

~Scientist

#46     Sep 14, 2003
  7. AMEN.

#47     Sep 14, 2003
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I'm hoping he'll be easier to ignore this time. Unfortunately, Jack Hershey is like a red sock in the wash water.

#48     Sep 14, 2003
  9. Oh, db' that's mean! :p

#49     Sep 14, 2003
  10. Do you mean that if someone CAN'T understand Einstein he should be very intelligent :D.

BTW where is Jack, I like him as for myself :).

#50     Sep 14, 2003