List of THE BEST TRADING BOOKS (add your favorites!!!)

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Anti-Hershey, Dec 11, 2008.

Are trading book's strategies useless in making money?

1. YES!

13 vote(s)
    46.4%
  2. I like lamp.

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. NO!

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. I like money...

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. My favs are:

Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques, Second Edition by Steve Nison

Mastering the Trade by Carter

Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets: A Comprehensive Guide to Trading Methods and Applications by John J. Murphy

Technical Analysis Explained : The Successful Investor's Guide to Spotting Investment Trends and Turning Points by Martin J. Pring

Im looking for more books that outline specific short term, and more advanced trading strategies. Any suggestions?

2. amtrak

amtrak

Suri Dudella's Trade Chart Patterns Like the Pros has just what the title says, many potentially profitable chart patterns to use as an idea source.

3. You can measure your progress by the speed at which you outgrow the books.

regards
    f9

4. Quote of the day!

5. Trading books are good gifts for those recovering from gambling addition, as are ashtrays for quitters, and shot glasses for AA members.

6. Precisely.
    If you want to lose a good friend, just give him a trading book.
    He will grow to hate you I am sure.

regards
    f9

7. pclark

pclark

This is one of the best books I have ever seen. I just got it and it is REALLY worth the money. http://www.surinotes.com

8. pclark

pclark

I think it's funny that some of those who already "Supposedly" know how to trade are so outspoken when those who are trying to learn ask about certain things.

1. What are good books on trading?

Books are good for ash trays blah blah...

2. What are good indicators?

You don't need indicators just pure price action blah blah blah...

3. What is price action?

Stare at the chart long enough and it will become apparent blah blah blah.

You know what? You have to learn somewhere. Some books are helpful when learning.

Some indicatiors are helpful in learning.

The definition of price action is subjective to each person that defines it.

Its like O.K, if you can give a decent answer to the question the answer it otherwise why do some feel the need to put a worthless comment into a post?

I want to say it's to stroke your own ego and show your superiority all the while adding no value to the origional question.

9. LOL great post!

:p

10. My black binders filled with charts that I print everyday is really the only thing that I feel can improve my game. After 18 yrs of reading trading related material, it seems most books just regurgitate the same stuff over and over.

#10     Dec 11, 2008