List of Popular Trading Systems

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Capablanca, Oct 5, 2005.

1. scientific method

#31     Mar 24, 2006
  2. #32     Mar 24, 2006
  3. Frege

Frege

#33     Mar 25, 2006
  4. #34     Mar 25, 2006
  5. romik

romik

IMO, if you genuinely are interested in trading (not just from the potential financial satisfaction), you would do better by really knowing the instrument you are going to trade.

I am a strong believer that you only need 1 liquid financial instrument to become a successful day trader.

There will be days when your trading system does not generate any trading signals at all, but at least you will be confident in knowing that there aren't any signals that day.

Other established systems might not work for you, unless you develop a "feel" for whatever instrument you are trading.

I would put stronger emphases on firstly applying widely used TA indicators against the daily patterns of what you are about to trade and than applying whatever system you take on accordingly, all prior to going live. I sense a lot of traders simply take on a trading system, then get frustrated at it not working as it should have done and only later realise that they did not apply it correctly to the instrument they were trading.

Ever heard of surgeons perform eye surgery, not knowing what sclera is? I hope not.

#35     Mar 28, 2006
  6. :D

#36     Mar 28, 2006
  7. I post my favorite books on my site. These books contain systems which I have actually made money with, or which have had good results in testing, even though I tried to break them.

#37     Apr 2, 2006
  8. what is the site where you list your books?

#38     Apr 6, 2009
  9. l2tradr

l2tradr

Good thread. My system is much simpler: I fade stock_trad3r. When he says buy I short, when he screams in pain, I cover and go long. :)

#39     Apr 6, 2009
  10. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

Number 27: Darts on the board. ( j/k).

About all these systems, i remember a MArket Wizard in the Second book, saying that he beleived you could make money with any system, a person only needs to get to know it very well and be very intuitive with his system, then he will own it.

If you have the book, i think it was one of the last guys interviwed.

EF

#40     Apr 6, 2009