List of Montreal Props?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by VielGeld, Mar 16, 2012.

1. VielGeld

VielGeld

Anything and everything, lol.

I haven't really developed a style yet, so I'm wide open. Most of my exp. is in options and currencies, though. Only chart watching as well, no order flow stuff like level 2, etc.

So long as it makes money, I don't care what I trade.

#81     Nov 19, 2012
  2. seadog

seadog

How much money are you prepared to lose, to learn to trade? How much time are you giving it? What is your risk assesment?

#82     Nov 19, 2012
  3. VielGeld

VielGeld

If I had my way, then I've lost all the money I need to learn. But since that's likely not the case, then as little as possible. I always keep risk management very tight and disciplined if that's what you mean.

I used to spend all my free time at it, but I can't really do that as much these days, so I've taken a more relaxed, weekly approach that suits me just fine right now. :)

#83     Nov 19, 2012
  4. seadog

seadog

Good start on knowing the time frame. Now you still have to pick a product.Stocks,futures,forex,bonds,options.Sounds like swing trading might be your thing.

#84     Nov 19, 2012
  5. VielGeld

VielGeld

Ah, I see what you're getting at now.

Ok, well, I got into investments about 6 years ago when I was 19 and did stocks back then with a value-investor's mindset and did proper research on companies. But after learning more about the whole market game I started thinking that was a load of bullshit and got more into trading instead. I shopped around with stocks, bonds, options, futures, and currencies, though only live traded options, stocks, and currencies. The rest is demo experience. I'd like to at least try out futures on order flow software before writing that one out.

Anyway, I've tried out pretty much every time frame, and I def. know that scalping and position trading isn't for me. I also know that I need to know more about what's out there because my current level of experience is insufficient. I also like trading enough to consider it as a career.

Yes, I would agree I've come to appreciate swing trading, but I also like day trading as well. I'm a bit of both, really.

But you are correct in that I have no idea what instrument to trade. I don't think I've found something entirely to my satisfaction yet. They all have their pros and cons.

Hmm... Thanks for that, actually! This exercise cleared some stuff out. :D

#85     Nov 19, 2012
  6. seadog

seadog

Take your time, don't rush in to it.The time you put in now, will pay off later.
    Keep me posted.
    seadog

#86     Nov 19, 2012
  7. VielGeld

VielGeld

Ok, time for a bump.

There's a new shop in town called OSTC, and they claim to be one of the world's leading providers of liquidity. I think Richard Audet is the manager's name. I've never heard of them before, so would anyone here like to chime in?

Thanks!

#87     Feb 4, 2013
  8. I've heard good things about Golden Market....

#88     Feb 10, 2013
  9. Richard Audet used to be one of the partners at Arbgroup (also in Montreal). They are a futures prop firm that specialized in T-bill futures mostly on the canadian market. There used to be 3 partners there: Richard Audet, Marc Rivest and Amnon Baazov. They used to be floor market makers in the Montreal Stock exchange before it merged with Toronto. I do not know the story of what happened between them but now only Baazov is left.

I met them once or twice, Audet seemed more like the mouthpiece and Baazov was the trading head at Arbgroup.

That being said, I know nothing of OSTC but I know that Audet is in the business for many years.

#89     Feb 11, 2013